Keeping track of your inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping track of your inventory

For those who aren't familiar with my inventory tracking program, I've written a program that reads the inventory files created from the /outputfile command while in EQ. If you're an avid tradeskiller, that means you've got at least three or four mules just holding all your junk. This program makes it easy to track down which mule has which items and how many of them you've got.

It'll also do a bunch of other stuff like let you know which spells you're missing, progression on various quests (those that I've entered), track who's buying from your bazaar vendor, and still more stuff.

Quick instructions:
    Download the .zip file
    Extract it (least complications if extracted to your everquest directory, but can be put anywhere)
    Run the program MakeIni to set up where the program needs to look for its input files and what your character names are
    Then you can start running the program (ItemDataManage.exe).
    There's a .pdf file included that give some more details about stuff you can do with the program.
    There's a use journal page I've set up on allakhazam for any feedback you may have. It's at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/j...ml?user=257463
    -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
    try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Can you do one for me for Real life?
    Eggborn Hatchedrotten
    Female Iksar Shadowknight
    Wielder of Greenmist
    Gecko of Desire

LizardJamz
    Dare to be Different
    Your ridiculous little
    opinion has been noted.

Comment

looks like a fantastic tool for the obsessive compulsive... which means you've come to the right place!!

Actually, one thing I really like is I see that it will tell you which MPG group trials you've completed? That would be fantastic, as far as I know there's no way to check that in game, as the AA will only tell you how many you've done and I know a lot of people loose track of that.
      Qqnaua the Mithril Chef
      Cleric of Noble Blade

Comment

Originally posted by Qqnaua View Post
        looks like a fantastic tool for the obsessive compulsive... which means you've come to the right place!!

Actually, one thing I really like is I see that it will tell you which MPG group trials you've completed? That would be fantastic, as far as I know there's no way to check that in game, as the AA will only tell you how many you've done and I know a lot of people loose track of that.

That would be great. You can use (or you could) eqplayers to check this as well.

Duvyen Deportee Torudor Nobuffsforjoo
        Appotus Dominus

Comment

I like it, but noticed a couple of quirks during initial use:

1. Definate false positives for missing spells (Wizard, in particular) -- All were confirmed to be scribed (there are a couple more suspect items on missing spell list, but unconfirmed):

- O'Keils Radiation (2) vendor sold -- apostrophe is wrong
          + O`Keil's Radiation (2) -- should be reverse-tick (the key that normally shares itself with tilde) following the initial "O" in the name

- O'Keils Embers (10) vendor (shadow haven) -- again, bad apostrophe
          + O`Keil's Embers (10) -- again, use reverse-tick

- Garrisons Mighty Mana Shock (18) vendor (shadow haven) -- not found, missspelled
          + Garrison's Mighty Mana Shock (18) -- from ingame spell-list, needs an apostrophe

- O`Keils Levity (25) vendor (PoK:Keatrem) -- missing apostrophe
          + O`Keil's Levity (25) -- apostrophe missing

Note that there is at least one more in the "Garrison's" spell-line at 65 and I am guessing it has the same issue. One "O`Keil's" was missing, but I didn't rerun the output after scribing it to verify it was cleaned up. It was the level 31 version.

2. Issues already identified in the itemdatamanage.pdf:

# melee level: rogue was tagged at 61, but is 70. Tentatively, you could use the zone access/flags exercised/obtained to help narrow down the range until a more accurate method is found. In other words, in order to get a BoT flag for having obtained the "... History of Karana," it is pretty safe to say the character is at least 63. Etc. Maybe also not an ideal method as aside from the raiding, or old raiders, most current characters are unlikely to exercise that content.

3. Others, or known but overlooked on my part:

ItemDataManage.exe also crashes fairly often, if not always, when "sort" option is given. I thought I had success at least once -- but no completed sorts recently. Specifically, it crashes when the program gets to or near the end as indicated by the displayed message of "Z" records being sorted at the time of the crash.
          Last edited by Wanyen; 03-06-2007, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I have my own home-brew tools for processing inventory/spellbook/bzrlog files, so I don't know how the OP's tools operate. But I can confirm that several Wizard spells recently had their names changed with regard to the apostrophes. My tools reported that my Wizard had just learned several new spells, even though he hasn't scribed any spells in ages (spends all his time tradeskilling instead of levelling) and it turned out it was just that several old spells had changed their names and thus were showing up as new in my "/outputfile spellbook" list.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanyen View Post
              I like it, but noticed a couple of quirks during initial use:

1. Definate false positives for missing spells (Wizard, in particular) -- All were confirmed to be scribed (there are a couple more suspect items on missing spell list, but unconfirmed):

- O'Keils Radiation (2) vendor sold -- apostrophe is wrong
              + O`Keil's Radiation (2) -- should be reverse-tick (the key that normally shares itself with tilde) following the initial "O" in the name

- O'Keils Embers (10) vendor (shadow haven) -- again, bad apostrophe
              + O`Keil's Embers (10) -- again, use reverse-tick

- Garrisons Mighty Mana Shock (18) vendor (shadow haven) -- not found, missspelled
              + Garrison's Mighty Mana Shock (18) -- from ingame spell-list, needs an apostrophe

- O`Keils Levity (25) vendor (PoK:Keatrem) -- missing apostrophe
              + O`Keil's Levity (25) -- apostrophe missing

Note that there is at least one more in the "Garrison's" spell-line at 65 and I am guessing it has the same issue. One "O`Keil's" was missing, but I didn't rerun the output after scribing it to verify it was cleaned up. It was the level 31 version.

2. Issues already identified in the itemdatamanage.pdf:

# melee level: rogue was tagged at 61, but is 70. Tentatively, you could use the zone access/flags exercised/obtained to help narrow down the range until a more accurate method is found. In other words, in order to get a BoT flag for having obtained the "... History of Karana," it is pretty safe to say the character is at least 63. Etc. Maybe also not an ideal method as aside from the raiding, or old raiders, most current characters are unlikely to exercise that content.

3. Others, or known but overlooked on my part:

ItemDataManage.exe also crashes fairly often, if not always, when "sort" option is given. I thought I had success at least once -- but no completed sorts recently. Specifically, it crashes when the program gets to or near the end as indicated by the displayed message of "Z" records being sorted at the time of the crash.
              1. Those spells did get their name changed (they added the appostrophies). I've made the corrections.

2. I want to kind of shy away from making guesses, particularly with regards to associating flags with levels. I've been on several agnarr raids where toons in their 40's were getting the flag. I also know a cleric who was time flagged while still 56. If the program is incorrectly figuring your level, you can put a line in the .ini file similar to
              Code:
                [characters]
                bilbo=class:rogue,level:70
              which will preload your characters class and level.

3. I've sent you a PM with regards to this one.

Comment

Like the Phoenix rising from the flames or this old post coming back to life, so to has my inventory program. If there are any old timers here who used it before and wished it would be updated to work again, your wish is granted. For anyone who hasn't used it and would like some way to better track what various inventory they have on different mules, or (new feature) which recipes they still need to learn in order to reach 350, or any number of other things, this program is for you.

And if you're playing on one of the progression servers and are still trying to figure your way through the various PoP flags, keys, and quests, this program still does all that stuff just like it did before.

The site for it is http://www.eq-manager.com/ and the zip file to download is http://www.eq-manager.com/InventoryTool.zip

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X