No announcement yet.

Artisan Charm Stats Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's apparently some sort of bug in how Internet Explorer is handling the Javascript code; I'll dive into it now. I use Firefox for all my testing, and it was working fine in that; that's why I didn't catch it before.

What do you mean by a round slot?
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

EDIT: Found a work-around for the IE bug. You don't have to click elsewhere any more. I still hate Microsoft, though.

Did I mention I really, really hate Microsoft's penchant for not conforming to standards?

I've fixed the main bug in Internet Explorer. The charm display should now work when you click the Calculate button.

Unfortunately, there is another bug in Internet Explorer itself. It's supposed to run the update function (which sets the charm display) whenever you click on any of the radio buttons. This uses a mechanism called "onChange" -- it's a way to tell IE when to do stuff, in this case, when the user selects a new radio button. However, IE doesn't run the onChange code when you click on a new button, like the standards say it should. Instead, it runs the code when you click somewhere else AFTER you click on a button. This is not something I can fix. =( The problem is in IE itself, not in my code. I'll keep looking for a workaround, but I'm not sure this is something that can be fixed.

The upshot is that in IE, after you click a radio button to choose which charm you see, you have to click somewhere else (anywhere on the page is fine), or use the Calculate button.
      Last edited by KyrosKrane; 12-05-2006, 04:10 PM.
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

Thanks. It's working now with IE.

Comment

It is a shame the the single tradeskill trophies only have one Aug slot. With minor effort the artisan charm will outstrip my Researcher trophy even though Research is my only skill over 200.

Comment

Is there any chance of getting this stickied, or the calculator somehow incorporated into the main site? Its been a great tool for me for figuring out when I'd be better swapping to the general tradeskill charm over the alchemy one for my shaman.

Comment

Although I've done some coding for EQTC, this particular one was a personal project. If Ngreth wants, though, I can port this over to the EQTC site pretty easily and get it added under the Calculators section.

Comment

Either way Happy to have it on site, and save you bandwidth. If you want to keep it on your own site for sentimental reasons, I am also fine with that
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200
                Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Kyros, the house ogre gave his thumbs up, please, oh pretty please, put this in the calculators section? Don't make me get ugly and petty and remind you of a certain BiC item from Qvic.

Comment

Working on it. =)

Comment

And done.

From the main site, click Calculators, then Charm Stats.

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post
                        And done.

From the main site, click Calculators, then Charm Stats.
                        I love you guys.

Uncle Shmoozo
                        "Some of you may remember me ... "

Comment

Love The Calculator

Title says it all! Thanks for all the hard work on it.

Comment

Heya, Just made a Researcher's charm, and found a descrpancy based on lvl

I'm lvl 36, skill 300 in resrearch:
                            AC/St/HP/Saves
                            Calc: 17/10/70/7
                            Actual: 12/7/49/5
                            Zukiki - Iksar Shaman
                            Alchemy 300 +15%, Mastery 1
                            Baking 200 +5%
                            Blacksmithing 300 +15%, Mastery 3
                            Brewing 200 +5%
                            Fletching 200 +5%
                            Jewelry 300 +15%
                            Pottery 230 +5%
                            Tailoring 250 +8%
                            Fishing 200 +3%, Fisherman's Companion, Hargar Brand Fishing Pail

Maagus - Human Magician
                            Research 300 +15%

Comment

Now that's very curious. The actual stats you reported would match a charm with either a base hp of 70, or a recommended level of about 73. Neither makes much sense. =/

Do you by any chance wear some of the new jewelery? And did you equip some of it right before looking at your charm stats?

If not, which zone and server did you look at your charm stats?

Comment

I have some Platinum Trio Jewelery equiped, but I've had it on for at least a month. I made the charm yesterday in PoK on Cazic Thule, and the stats remained the same when I zoned.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfcrowt...54312/sizes/o/
                                Zukiki - Iksar Shaman
                                Alchemy 300 +15%, Mastery 1
                                Baking 200 +5%
                                Blacksmithing 300 +15%, Mastery 3
                                Brewing 200 +5%
                                Fletching 200 +5%
                                Jewelry 300 +15%
                                Pottery 230 +5%
                                Tailoring 250 +8%
                                Fishing 200 +3%, Fisherman's Companion, Hargar Brand Fishing Pail

Maagus - Human Magician
                                Research 300 +15%

Comment

Working...
                                X