Forage macro broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forage macro broken?

I couldn't get the search function to work, so forgive me if this has been covered. I do a lot of foraging to support my tailoring, and since this expansion my five-line forage macro does not work any more. I have no idea why.

Has this happened to anyone else, and do you know how to fix it? I can forage manually every couple of minutes, but it's awfully nice to be able to forage a few times without stopping.
    Bittleaye Arkades
    Halfling Druid of Xev
    Sans Requiem

Tailoring 252 - Smithing 222 - Fishing 200 - Brewing 200 - Pottery 199 - Baking 197 - Fletching 142

Originally posted by Kytelae
    I couldn't get the search function to work, so forgive me if this has been covered. I do a lot of foraging to support my tailoring, and since this expansion my five-line forage macro does not work any more. I have no idea why.

Has this happened to anyone else, and do you know how to fix it? I can forage manually every couple of minutes, but it's awfully nice to be able to forage a few times without stopping.
    Might help if you tell us what your 5 lines are.

Comment

mine not working either

mine's not working either

button titled "where"
      Page1Button1Line1=/loc
      Page1Button1Line2=/doability 1
      Page1Button1Line3=/autoinventory
      Page1Button1Line4=/autoinventory
      Some days it isn't worth chewing through the leather straps....

Comment

To ask the obvious, are you sure the forage ability is still in slot 1? It may have gotten moved or reset with the patch.

I also recall reading something about problems with all hotkeys that use abilities -- apparently something to do with the extra hotkey banks broke something. I'm not 100% sure on that, though, so don't quote me.
        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

You might want to put a couple of small pauses in there to handle server lag

Comment

2 things

1. I do a /pause 10 in between the 2 /autoinventory commands
            2. Have you done any monster missions by any chance? I found changing my action keys for a monster mission somehow buugered them up - even though the action key still said forage after I came out of the mission, it didn't work until I reset it to forage.
            Lnnolanwil
            Ranger of Tunare
            Mith Marr

Comment

I'll post the exact lines tomorrow when I'm at my main computer, but they were the same as outlined here many times. A pause, a doability on one line. Then a pause, an autoinventory on the next, etc. They've worked for ages.

I found that I could use a macro as long as I had only one command per line. I could forage, pause a second, then autoinventory - using three lines. And yes, I did have to reset my forage to the correct doability number as it had vanished. Although that didn't seem to stop my one line forage butten. And anything with more than one command to a line did not work. When I used my original macro, it also seemed to stop even my simple /autoinventory one line macro.
              Bittleaye Arkades
              Halfling Druid of Xev
              Sans Requiem

Tailoring 252 - Smithing 222 - Fishing 200 - Brewing 200 - Pottery 199 - Baking 197 - Fletching 142

Comment

Originally posted by Lnnolanwil
                Have you done any monster missions by any chance? I found changing my action keys for a monster mission somehow buugered them up - even though the action key still said forage after I came out of the mission, it didn't work until I reset it to forage.
                I have tried on some shrouds, but have not done any missions.
                Bittleaye Arkades
                Halfling Druid of Xev
                Sans Requiem

Comment

I noticed that my forage button on my main char was eliminated when i put my first shroud on. I reset it to the right slot and everything worked fine. After reading your post I went back and checked, since I tried out a shroud yesterday and again, my forage button was gone. Here's a couple things:
                  - once you press the button the macro/social will execute, including the pauses. So you won't be able to do anything even if you fix your forage button, until all the pauses have completed.

- if you just use the forage social when you're standing in a zone /afk, then i would just eliminate the autoinventory. My lines say something like
                  /pause 600,/doability 6
                  /pause 350
                  Repeat line 1
                  Repeat line 2
                  /doability 6

When mine is done i can inventory, eat, drop or destroy what ever comes up.

- one thing you may forget if two commands don't work together is there is no space between 600,/doability. IT's just 600 a comma and a slash all together. It's been so long since I wrote this social that I forget about it when I have to reload it for some reason.

Good luck.

Comment

I found that my hotkeyed forage macro de-linked from my right turn key when DoD came out, as did my hot key for my right-clicky root pants. That may not be your problem, but for me the reason the macro stopped working is that I stopped hitting the correct hotkey.
                    Andyhre playing Guiscard, 78th-level Ranger, E`ci (Tunare)
                    Master Artisan (2100 Club), Wielder of the Fully Functional Artisan's Charm, Proud carrier of the 8th shawl

with occasion to call upon Gnomedeguerre, 16th-level Wizard, Master Tinker, E`ci (Tunare)

and in shouting range of Vassl Ofguiscard, 73rd-level Enchanter, GM Jewelcrafter, E`ci (Tunare)

Comment

found it

Ya, my forage button was gone. recreated and it's all good now
                      Some days it isn't worth chewing through the leather straps....

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up. I'll try re-creating my buttons again and see how it goes.
                        Bittleaye Arkades
                        Halfling Druid of Xev
                        Sans Requiem

Comment

Working...
                        X