No announcement yet.

removing dye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you hold your cursor over the left box of the origonal color, it will show you the three number code for that color.

Comment

/auction WTS Bleach, 500pp per vial.
      Master Iannyen Sparklybitz
      Coercer of 65 Dissapointing Illusions
      Bearer of the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl

Tradeskills were once displayed here

Comment

Check out http://lucy.fnord.net

Look up the item you want to know the tinting of to restore it to its previous color

There is a little space that has the color and the RGB code of the tinting of the item
        Kaaba Cloudberry
        75 Ranger of Prexus
        Fuschia Bloodflowers
        75 Druid
        Talionis

Comment

Siri is correct.

You can completely remove the effects of the dye but you have to choose 255 255 255. There is no pallette option for 255 255 255 (just 240 240 240 when you click the white color).

It's still a bit buggy, but I found if I remove armor from that slot and stow it in inventory, then set that naked slot to 255 255 255, it reliably worked and all armor I put on afterwards showed in its true color.

Comment

When the servers first came up right after the patch monday, I logged on and was playing with the map and then I saw the dye button.
            I clicked it and figured since I didn't have any reagents I would play with it for abit.... It dyed my legs YELLOW without using any reagents. I couldn't get them to change back to normal no matter what I tried. Thank god the servers went back down and when they came back up my legs were back to normal, I would hate to have yellow legs forever...
            TSGMwantabe Trade Skill Grand Master wantabe, if you didn't figure that one out yet
            Tailor 150's Brewer 150's Smither 110's Jewler 120's Potter 160's Fletcther 0 Baker 0

Loooong ways to goooo...

Comment

Originally posted by TSGMwantabe
              I would play with it for abit.... It dyed my legs YELLOW without using any reagents. I couldn't get them to change back to normal no matter what I tried. Thank god the servers went back down and when they came back up my legs were back to normal, I would hate to have yellow legs forever...
              I had something similar happen when I was playing around with it on Tuesday. I spent quite a while tinkering with different colors in different places, and twice had it suddenly and for no apparent reason move the colors I had at that moment from my Body Tint boxes over to the Item Tint boxes, so that those colors were effectively permanent. Freaked me out, until I discovered that zoning resets things to the way they should be.
              Retiree of EQ Traders...
              Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
              Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
              Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
              EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

WOOT!!! putting the saved dye slot color to 255, 255, 255 worked!! I took my armor piece off of the slot, typed in the numbers, clicked accept, put the armor piece back on and it was the original color. The tint was still messed up, but I think after I zoned or changed it to a different armor piece it went back to the normal tint color as well.

Thank you all so much!!!

Comment

I think all the hoopla over the dyes is just plain silly. And for those who get colors they hate, HAH! The joke's on them! I don't plan on ever dyeing any of my armor slots. I haven't the money to waste on such nonsense, I gotta support my Tradeskill habit!
                  Pottery 159 Tailoring 188 Brewing 170 Baking 178 Smithing 205 Alchemy 114, Fishing 35, JC 15, Fletching 0

Comment

Working...
                  X