Starting Cleric, what is the best trade skill for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Cleric, what is the best trade skill for me

I have had a disastrous time with trade skills up till this point with my DE SK lv40(hows spending 2k pp to get to lv35 smithing!). I want a fresh start with my newbie cleric, lv1. What would be a decent skill to learn? I was told jewel craft but then I read don't bother unless you are a enchanter because of the metal bars later on.
    Why are you running? It's just a dragon. How many HP's could it possibly have?

I have had a disastrous time with trade skills up till this point with my DE SK lv40(hows spending 2k pp to get to lv35 smithing!).
    By Inny's left little toe what in the world were you skilling up on - BD cultural BPs?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

So you want to do a cleric, eh? What race? That will somewhat help determine what kind of tradeskill you want.

Smithing still isn't bad for a cleric since you can wear what you make and some races have some real no-joke cleric smithed gear.

Baking is good for about any race/class and being able to summon your own food means your stat food will last forever.

Brewing seems like an ideal RPing trade for a dwarven cleric.

Some races have some really nice tailored stuff and what cleric would turn his nose up at some of the acrylia studded/banded armor.

Pottery isn't half bad, although it would seem that the PoP pottery is the only stuff worth real plat now adays on most servers.

JC probobly isn't a good idea without a pet chanter.

Please explain how you burned 2k getting to just 35skill in smithing though so that we can better advise your new endevor.
    Cigarskunk!
    No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

bug problem skilling in smithing

I started out trying to make the most basic stuff in the basic smithing book. The metal sheets ot something like that. Every 15-20 trys it would go up a notch. What a waste of pp.

My cleric is High Elf and currently has 170 wis, 113 int, 81 str. I put some of the SK stuff on her.
      Why are you running? It's just a dragon. How many HP's could it possibly have?

Comment

if you have PoP, i'd reccommend brewing or baking.

you can get brewing up to 122 with about 10 plat by combining fishing grubs and flasks of water (grubs can be bought in PoK).

baking you can gather the wolf meat in the newbie area and start out with sandwiches, then start to fillet it, then you can goto JP and buy cheese, get ya a nonstick fry pan, and work baking up to 191 on pattimelts.

cheese, (wolf/bear/lion) meat, loaf of bread in spit/ove with nonstick fry pan. triv to 191.

couldn't tell ya the cost of that route, but you could start the patty melts from 1 and skill up 1-191, then ya could make stat food and sell it

Comment

I started out trying to make the most basic stuff in the basic smithing book. The metal sheets ot something like that. Every 15-20 trys it would go up a notch. What a waste of pp.
          Erf - should have gone the metal bit root - it sucks, but it's cheap.

A great cheap way to do smithing into the low 100s if you're up for some farming is farming the elemental arrow head components - you combine one of the bricks with water and file I beleive and that's it - the arrow heads will sell for a few gold to a few plat in the bazaar depending on your server.

You might also want to make sure you invest in enough CHR gear to get your CHR to atleast the 120s - you'd be amazed the price differences you'll get over a few lousy points of CHR.

And of course, don't forget to buff your stats as best you can - as a cleric, max out your WIS no matter what skill you're doing and you can't go wrong.
          Cigarskunk!
          No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

Wow 2kpp!
            I can't recall the exact path I took to my current skill, but here's what I do remember doing...

0-20 : rusty weapons
            20-41 : scalers
            41-74 : dairy spoon
            74-100 : banded armor
            100-116 : condensed shadow arrowheads
            116-122 : embroidery needle
            122-140 : ornate armor
            140-181 : fine plate armor

If I had known earlier that I could get condensed shadow so easily I probably would have skipped the banded entirely.

Ssseth, primalist -
            Andaerice, cleric -

Comment

i did miscellelanious pots pans, spoons, needles as i needed them for my tailoring and baking, by the time i decided to work on my smithing, it was already 42, so i went condensed shadow arrow heads straight on thru till 116.

Comment

Working...
              X