WARNING: ::TEST SERVER:: Dropping bag empties it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING: ::TEST SERVER:: Dropping bag empties it

I think this needs a little more attention than just Primal Scream.

The thread:

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1700

I'd have to agree. Many people don't bother to read primal scream section, and this bug probably effects many of us. I know I keep piles of extra tradeskill items on mules and "drop-n-swap" them when needed.

Comment

Has anyone determined if this is a problem on real servers yet?

Does this bug/fix also effect tradeskill containers as well (ie/forge, brew barrel, etc)?

Think it's a bug or another anti-twinking measure (like the no drop coins)?
      Cigarskunk!
      No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

AHHAHA gad I hope its not a stupid anti twinking measure.

Coins were more than anti twinking though, part of it was that people clutter up the area with dropped change and in some cases the "ghost" of the change could make you go Link Dead when sitting on it or trying to pick it up. It just happened to make same account coin dropping/picking up impossible also.

More likely this problem is caused by the character upgrade or something they are evidently doing on test and stuff with that, while not being intentional:

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/everquest/Forum2/HTML/000110.html

Author Topic: Big changes on Test

Datharius
        Station Admin posted 12-19-2002 01:13 PM

------------------------
        Hi folks, just wanted to let everyone know that we are making some huge changes on the Test server today.
        The changes being made involve a new character file format, which means every aspect of an EverQuest character could be affected.
        I would like to encourage as many people as possible to log on to Test server and check out your characters. Be sure to report any anomalies you find via /petition.

Thanks alot!"

------

Yeah, I looked at those dead boards and saw something.. ehehe.
        Oh, I guess this would be an issue to get on there and /petition about

Aandaie 56 Druid's Magelo
        Aaelandri 41 Cleric's Magelo
        Prittior 39 Shadowknight's Magelo

Comment

Try playing an ogre and buy something from a gnome player. You will understand why the coin drop was removed. I eventually initiated all trades with a copper piece.
          55th level ogre shaman of the Drinal server, proud member of Soulbonded, high master smith (229), and originator of the 60th level necro solution to tailoring.

Comment

It does not affect tradeskill containers.

After reading about how people use them for blind trading, I tried it on Saturday (had a ton of stuff to be rotated in between 4 characters). No problems.

Test had a bug ages ago where anything hitting the ground instantly poofed. Made the bards scream...this seems to be a mutation of that bug.
            Ozmandias Prime - Usually Lost Shortie Healer
            Dinomight The Questaholic - Tradeskilling QuestMaster
            Prints Albert - The Cat In The Can

Comment

Working...
            X