Battle Blade/Sundered Blade drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Blade/Sundered Blade drops

Please forgive the post, I've had no luck running searches here.

I'm trying to evolve my last trophy and have been doing 2-cam treant bows as a path. I seem to remember ages ago a post about a location where cam parts (battle/sundered blade types) could be gotten as a ground spawn.

Is my memory clear on this? Or am I sentenced to slowly farming the drops in the Devastation and bazaar?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest an easier path for evolving the trophy?
    Last edited by Egat Bearskinner; 07-15-2008, 06:48 PM. Reason: changed bow to trophy
    Egat the Dedicated Artisan
    Imperator of Phoenix Ascending, Erollisi Marr
    The Orc Pawn - My EverQuest Blog

Easyer but alot more expensive method is Energetic bows.Three silver conduits to make a large core etc.

Comment

groundspawn in devastation. They look like a black rock on the ground with red lines (music notes if you look closely) Much cheaper than silver conduit which requires Sunshard ore, which you will have to farm mobs or bazaar for.

Alliance Artisan
      Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Thanks Elyssanda, I knew someone here would be able to help me!

Onward! 42% left to go!

Comment

They can also be foraged in the same zones (Devistation and Rage).

Gorse

Comment

I spent two hours running around the zone looking for groundspawns and discovered two facts.

1. The sundered blade shards now look like a small, light grey rock.

2. They seem fairly rare, I got a bunch of other items though!

Does anyone know if they spawn in a fixed location or is it in random areas?

Comment

Originally posted by Egat Bearskinner View Post
              I spent two hours running around the zone looking for groundspawns and discovered two facts.

1. The sundered blade shards now look like a small, light grey rock.

2. They seem fairly rare, I got a bunch of other items though!

Does anyone know if they spawn in a fixed location or is it in random areas?
              You might want to search through the old posts from when PoR was released, there was a lot of discussion then.

From what I recall, they have an area where they will spawn, for example, as you zone into Devistation from E Freeport (the statue in the back of the arena) There is a ruined fortification to the left past the quest NPC. I recall finding the ground spawn for that on the west and north sides of the wall (outside) and several locations inside the fortification.

Your best bet is to run invis and keep an eye out for the ground spawns while dodging all the undead and see invis.

Gorse

Comment

Originally posted by Zaltak View Post
                Easyer but alot more expensive method is Energetic bows.Three silver conduits to make a large core etc.
                Expensive to make, yet merchants buy these energeiac items back at big platz $$. In the end, it ends up to be a fairly reasonable expense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobynn View Post
                  Expensive to make, yet merchants buy these energeiac items back at big platz $$. In the end, it ends up to be a fairly reasonable expense.
                  "Big platz $$" being close to, but still less than the amount of plat you put into each combine (and that is assuming farming the ore). Also this does not account for failures, which get very costly.

It's not a path I would recommend unless you have plat to throw at the problem tradeskill.

Gorse

Comment

Um, yeah. Obviously, the sellback value is less than the materials cost. Funny how Ngreth kinda sticks with that format on every recipe for every tradeskill.

As the OP is seeking final trophy evolution, a recipe with a 330 trivial should result in an overwhelming number of successful combines and very few failures.

Comment

I've decided to go with a bit of both types, buying the sunshard when the price is reasonable and gathering the sundered blade shards as I see them.

Thanks for the advice. Here's to finishing soon, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobynn View Post
                        Um, yeah. Obviously, the sellback value is less than the materials cost. Funny how Ngreth kinda sticks with that format on every recipe for every tradeskill.

As the OP is seeking final trophy evolution, a recipe with a 330 trivial should result in an overwhelming number of successful combines and very few failures.
                        sorry I am not into creating infinite plat!
                        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                        Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200
                        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Infinite Plat

LOL Negreth.

I always figured the logic for this "reverse realism" was just that.

By reverse realism, I mean that if I am a craftsman making stuff, I am most certainly going to sell it for at LEAST what it cost me to make to start with.

So rather than making these items a Plat Loss... ever consider making them a Plat recoup (even stevens)?

After all, players are still going to loose plat on fails.
                          Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzz View Post
                            LOL Negreth.

I always figured the logic for this "reverse realism" was just that.

By reverse realism, I mean that if I am a craftsman making stuff, I am most certainly going to sell it for at LEAST what it cost me to make to start with.

So rather than making these items a Plat Loss... ever consider making them a Plat recoup (even stevens)?

After all, players are still going to loose plat on fails.
                            well. while I understand that, and totally agree that it is backwards.

This issue is that tradeskills can be done as fast as you can click buttons.

So it becomes a way to generate huge amounts of plat in the game. Something we do not want.

It gets even worse when you figure in the third party programs that we all hate. With those you can create thousands of plat in a very short amount of time (depending on the profit point)
                            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                            Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200
                            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Egat Bearskinner View Post
                              Please forgive the post, I've had no luck running searches here.

I'm trying to evolve my last trophy and have been doing 2-cam treant bows as a path. I seem to remember ages ago a post about a location where cam parts (battle/sundered blade types) could be gotten as a ground spawn.

Is my memory clear on this? Or am I sentenced to slowly farming the drops in the Devastation and bazaar?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest an easier path for evolving the trophy?
                              By making Oak Treant Laminate Recurve Bow Staffs (triv 322) and using them to make Oak Treant Laminate Recurve Bows (triv 302), I suspect you can get your trophy fully evolved quicker (although with more combines). The nice thing is that the bow does not require any cams, just a bowstring.

I may be wrong about this but I recall being able to farm the oak branches and horse hooves a whole lot faster than the blades required for the cams.
                              Huntmaster Bariag DarkWoods

Master Artisan

Comment

Working...
                              X