Chunk of Taelosian Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chunk of Taelosian Rock

How long does it take to get a yield of 3 on Taelosian stone? I did about 28 combines, and only ended up with 40 stones, never once getting a yield of 3. Only yields of 2 or 1.
    Rawckett Launcher
    79 Gnome Wizard of Sol Ro / Bristlebane
    300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

On any GoD refinement, it takes 100 combines to always yield 2 per combine. Then I believe it is 300 more (for 400 total combines) to always yield 3. Have gotten to the 3 yield on everything but the pottery stuff. Stone Worker drops are just too rare to find any quantity of.

If you don't care about refining, the NPC that teaches you the refinement process in Abysmal Sea will always give you 2 refined pieces back for every unrefined one you hand them.
    Last edited by Prexis; 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM.
    Master Artisan Hidron
    Veritable Quandary
    Drinal

Comment

Is that per item or per skill? i.e. 400 combines to always get 3 per for any of the refines done in a JC bag or 400 shimmering, 400 indigo etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Adita View Post
      Is that per item or per skill? i.e. 400 combines to always get 3 per for any of the refines done in a JC bag or 400 shimmering, 400 indigo etc.
      It is per skill.

In your example, you are not refining Shimmering or Indigo, you are refining Shimmering Nihilite and Indigo Nihilite. Any of the Nihilite combines count towards the conversion for Nihilite (which is the Jewelry Crafting combine, not Fletching).

Gorse

Comment

Great. Thanks for the info.
        Rawckett Launcher
        300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

Originally posted by Rawckett View Post
          Great. Thanks for the info.
          It is easy to tell when you make each tier. Starting out you have and icon with 1 on cursor which when dropped, if you get lucky, a second icon with a 1 on the cursor.

Once you get past the first 100 combines, you then an icon with a 2 on the cursor and when dropped and lucky the second icon with a 1.

When you pass 400 combines, you will then get only an icon with a 3 on your cursor.

All the GoD combines work this way as you work up each skill. I hope that makes it a little more clear.

Gorse

Comment

Ahh, great.

Although I am not sure I will need to do this anymore, since I am now past this skill level which uses this ingredient.

Not sure if there is a use for it again higher up, as I am currently doing the Acrylia Tipped Arrows
            Rawckett Launcher

Comment

• Working...
              X