Elddar Forest help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elddar Forest help please

Well it seems in the 6 total hours I have run around here that ONLY 3 branches pop every 30-45 mins somewhere in the zone (moslty seem to find them in the large fallen tree just right of zone in).

Is this the only area they ground spawn or are they just "random" throughout the zone?

I have stacks upon stacks of Pomagranite and Green Apples but only about 15 or so branches

I need some advice....

Melodymaker <Dragon Army>
    The Tribunal

In the fallen tree you mention, there should be a total of 4 groundspawns, always branches.

To my memory (and it has been several months since last I visited that wood), that "side" of the the main city in the middle is the only side I ever found branches on. There is a depression in the ground (fairly sizeable, with 2 treants wandering inside usually) that I've had pretty good luck with also (1-3 branches per round).

There is also one ground spawn in the Ruins of Takish`Hiz back near the treants that you can grab on your way into the Forest.

I can't remember whether or not anyone ever made a groundspawn map for that zone, but you might try searching this forum for one.

Chase
    Half-Elven Ranger of Tunare
    66 seasons wandering the wood in defense of Her creatures
    Chivalrous Valor
    Firiona Vie

Comment

Originally posted by MelodyM316 View Post
      Well it seems in the 6 total hours I have run around here that ONLY 3 branches pop every 30-45 mins somewhere in the zone (moslty seem to find them in the large fallen tree just right of zone in).

Is this the only area they ground spawn or are they just "random" throughout the zone?

I have stacks upon stacks of Pomagranite and Green Apples but only about 15 or so branches

I need some advice....

Melodymaker <Dragon Army>
      The Tribunal

Also remember, they are on a 6-8 hour spawn timer... so being there 6 straight hours... not that good.. 10 minutes work every 6-8 hours better..

Just remember when you picked them up.. and go back later.

Alliance Artisan
      Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Inside the large depression with the roaming treants, as well as the area in and surrounding the fallen tree, are the only places in all of Elddar I've ever ever ever picked up branch ground spawns. When I began my trek through the end stages of fletching skill ups, I would map every location I found a branch on the ground throughout the zone. After a few days it became quite apparent that the "rest" of the zone was just a waste of time. You can find apples and pomegranites everywhere, but branches are very localized.

There is a vast multitude of ground spawn locations, but even at full spawn (as after a patch) there is only perhaps a dozen branches on the ground. Make a lap around the area, pick up what you see, and split. Come back couple hours later and take a peek again. Keep in mind, you've likely got competition for ground spawns. I found it best to scout around during off-peak hours.

Comment

As I remember it, the explanation that was given is that at the spots the wandering treants stop is a ground spawn point (or chance to spawn?). The apples and pommegranates are the "common" and the Treant Branches are the "rare". And "rare" is an accurate description.
          Fletcher 300 || Brewer 300 || Blacksmith 300 || Jeweler 300 || Tailor 300 || Baker 300 || Potter 300 || Tome Research 144

Comment

it is more "overlapping" points.

the apples and pomegranates and a very few of the branches spawn on the same "route" (which ends up being treant "stop" points)

there are more apples and pomegranates set to spawn, and set to re-spawn faster than the branches which are set at a 6 or 8 hour re-spawn. (I think just one on just one or two of the routes... I forget and I am not at work to look at the DB)

With ground spawns I can't easily do "encounter" tables like with NPC (I can think of a way to script it... but really that is unnecessarily complex way of doing it in this case) Instead I did something like:
            Apple: route 100 - re-spawn 1 hour with 6 minute variance.
            Pomegranate: route 100 - re-spawn 1 hour with 6 minute variance.
            Treant Branch: Route 100 - re-spawn 6 hours with 36 minute variance.

and it will make those randomly appear on the route, and re-spawn in a random location after the apropriate time has elapsed
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

At most, I have found 9 ground spawns, though there may be more. The branches may spawn in and around the pit as well as in and around the fallen tree. The most common are the ones in both ends of the tree which are always double spawns.

I have a search pattern which takes me through the pit and around it, then around the fallen tree, checking both ends. I then head off to Takish Hiz to get the ground spawn there. Once I return, I reverse the pattern for the next trip. I run this search when I log in for the evening, when I log off, and in the morning before work.

My average take is 6 or so branches per trip.
              Leana Soulwarden
              Master Blacksmith
              Memento Reejeryn
              The Seventh Hammer

Comment

Working...
              X