New Arrow Recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrow Recipes?

The devs have said that there will new "expendable" arrows (are not saved by Endless Quiver) coming with the expansion. Any thoughts on this? Just bigger damage? Or perhaps with nifty effects like snare, slow, etc.? Whatever turns out it'll be nice to be able to make arrows people will actually buy =)
    Asolandri's Gear
    300 Tailor +15% + Mastery Rk3
    300 Baker +12%
    300 Fletcher +15%
    300 Jeweller +15% + Mastery Rk3
    300 Smith +15% + Mastery Rk3
    300 Brewer +12%
    300 Potter +12% + Mastery Rk3
    Salvage 3
    ----2100 Club 8/9/07 (Wood Elf/Ranger/Erollisi Marr)

300 Tinker +12%
    300 Alchemist +15%
    300 Spell Research +12%
    ----3000 Club 9/28/08

There was a big thread on archery on the EQlive boards, that got buried somewhere.

Just a guess, based on that thread, but I'm thinking that these arrows will be either extremely difficult to make (and thus be almost too valuable to use) or very easy to make, and thus not be worth the trouble to craft and use. With the millionaires in EQ, I'm thinking that "extremely difficult to make" means very rare drops and not very expensive bought components, since such powerful arrows would be intended for specific purpose and/or very rare use.

I don't think it'd be unrealistic, either, to expect new arrows to require drops from TSS.

Oh ... also based on that thread, they're not averse to increasing arrow damage from the current 11+4 and 13 amounts. Whether that means 14 damage, 15 damage, or maybe 13+x damage, who knows? I certainly don't.

Comment

And yet again I will say....

We have been given the ABILITY to make expendable arrows.

It came to late for us to use it.

So... I expect no arrows with this ability this expansion. There will NOT be tradeskill arrows using this flag this expansion.

Sorry if I did not say it on this boards, but I have been repeating this statement over and over again and have lost track of the places where I have repeated this statement.
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I imagine it's not so easy to just apply the Expendable tag to existing arrows to at least create a market for more of them than one at a time?

**** Endless Quiver to the fiery pit of the vision imo
        Durell Spider`Monkey - 70 HUM MNK - Pandemonium - Zek
        Tuis Hajidodger - 70 HUM MAG
        Bake 300T7M1 : Brew 300T7M1 : Fletch 300T7M1 : JC 300T7 : Pot 300T7M1 : Tailor 300T6M2
        Smith 300T7M2 : Fishing 195C : Research 271T5+M3 : Salvage 3
        Delgnome Pandeminimum 60 GNM SHD: Tink 300T6 : Smith 261GM3 : Salvage 1
        Wikkn Hajidodger 60 HFL DRU: Smith 260T5M3 : Tailor 247T5M3 : Salvage 1
        Bazoika Hajidodger 35 DWF BER: Smith 170
        Botumbo Rotundo 60 OGR WAR: Smith 210M3 : Tailor 0 : Salvage 1
        Abhorrentx Hajidodger 55 HEF BRD: Smith 215

Comment

Easy yes.

Doing it without taking the time for full consideration. No.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Working...
          X