The RNG is ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RNG is ridiculous

I just started counting my combines for the last 8 points of my fletching. This is NOT an easy tradeskill to master even with the introduction of the new recipes. I am not saying that I want it to be easy but it would be nice if it was at least reasonable.

292-293 = 263 combines consisting of various recurve compound bow staffs, Stonewood Bows and Primordial Bows.

293-294 = 177

294-295 = 104

295-300 = I decided to stop counting cuz I was getting mad and actually considered giving up. I estimate approximately 250 combines based on the number of branches and blades I bought and farmed. At least I am done!! Sadly, I have 88 Composite Treant Recurve Bow Staffs sitting in the bank that I was unable to use due to the 200 trivial on the high end bows.

Is anyone else experiencing abnormally high # of combines for a single skillup point? This is starting to really frustrate me.
    Last edited by Chakua; 04-04-2006, 12:28 AM.

You just got bad luck.

Comment

On the last 10 points i had one point with 30 combines, all others were > 100 with around 5 > 200

Comment

70 combines of othmir fur cap to go from 248 to 250
        Could be worse, I'd still be stuck at 248

Comment

Yeah... I had a disappointing encounter with the RNG yesterday. Had enough to make 2 combines on the Druzzil bow. I made both of the 408 trivial combines for the staff with a 336 skill (with new trophy), but failed the final combine on one of them which has a 200 trivial...

Comment

Try failing on the combine for making 6 metallic drake scales into bars of cultural metal and salvaging zero. THEN you can talk to me about the RNG being mean.
            Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker the Kraftin Kitty, Master Artisan
            Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
            Celestial Navigators, Maelin Starpyre

Comment

Try failing on the combine for making 6 metallic drake scales into bars of cultural metal and salvaging zero. THEN you can talk to me about the RNG being mean.
              Been there, done that...TWICE.

On a good note, I am now done with all my tradeskills. 300 reached...2100 finally achieved.

Now to finish my tinkering.

Comment

Originally posted by Chakua
                Been there, done that...TWICE.

On a good note, I am now done with all my tradeskills. 300 reached...2100 finally achieved.

Now to finish my tinkering.
                And this is why I never do more than the three brick combine =)

Comment

Originally posted by tnexus
                  And this is why I never do more than the three brick combine =)
                  I shouldn't have opened my fat mouth and complained. Last night after writing my post above I did a bunch of GM combines to restock. Failed on a 6 combine of glossies and a 6 combine of scales. Got a total of 5 back from salvage. At least I got one skill up in tailoring and smithing, but holy crap! failing on the subcombines like that HURTS.

Perhaps karma pay-back for finding a drake spike on a GH vender and snatching it up for coppers.
                  Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker the Kraftin Kitty, Master Artisan
                  Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
                  Celestial Navigators, Maelin Starpyre

Comment

Working...
                  X