Fishing Tales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Tales

Fishing has honestly been my favorite tradeskill over the years. With most of the others, I'm generally trying to multitask and benefit from a lesson burn or something while farming, but fishing takes a refreshing break from all of that. As much as I've enjoyed it, I've never bought into some of the "tales" that come with it. I was hoping to find some solid confirmation one way or another to cut through some of the myths.

I've broken my personal fishing into river, lake, and sea categories. In zones that have multiple types of water to fish in, I'll stick to rivers for the fish that would likely be caught in a river, for instance. While I can't confirm a better rate of river fish being caught in the rivers over the seas, I'm curious if anyone else has. While I wouldn't normally start on the rares before capping, I've never had problems fishing using this method.

I'm also amused when I come across people directing folk to a certain location after killing Fippy Darkpaw's grandmother at 3am (or something similarly rediculous) for a better fishing rate. These are the kinds of "tales" I'm trying to break or confirm. In my experience, fishing for rares has worked in any body of water I've been able to successfully cast at. The river, lake, sea breakdown I use has been for fun and a change of scenery and I seriously doubt I'm seeing any benefits from it.

Fishing Tales and Myths have always come with Fishing. While they're generally fun and humorous, some can be outright misleading. Interested in hearing some other thoughts and experiences here, before I start logging some new fishing holes.

I'll file this thread in the same category I file "you get more high quality pelts from animals if you use fists instead of weapons, since weapons damage the pelts" discussions.

All kidding aside, the coding to make that type of thing work would not be worth the benefits. i'm pretty sure it does not matter where you are standing as long as the fishing activates and you will have access to the zone fishing database. So not, location does not matter.

Gorse

Comment

Working...
    X