Fishing Skill levels by zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Skill levels by zones

hello there used to be a list some where that told you the fishing skill levels by zones like PoN was 200 or something anyone know where this is might be or what it is?

If there ever was such a thing, it was completely bogus.

Your fishing skill is the only thing that determines what you can fish out of a given zone. The higher your fishing skill, the better chance you'll get a zone-specific fish (like the Nightmare Cichlid from PoN).

The only 'triv' values are for the tackle box combines (like the fillet + fish = bones + filleted fish combine, or all the bait). You can max out fishing in any zone.

Comment

Actually it's not as bogus as you think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a fishing part in the Coldain Shawl that required a minimum skill to catch? Or maybe it had something to do with zone essences for the Faithstones? Anyways, was sure I had seen it on something I've done in the past. However, there must have only been a few items like this as everything else I've seen hasn't been level limited.

Genkismet
      Cazic Thule

Comment

but the question was a skill per zone, and there isn't one.. you can 0-200 in your hometown (if you are lucky enough to have water there) or POK or wherever.

Alliance Artisan
        Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

there is no zone specific skill.

*BUT* sometimes you will only find fish on the higher table, which you will find difficult at a low skill...

*BUT* making it easier with a higher skill is the same for every zone.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I'm guessing Redmoonn has some experience with WoW or other games. In those, it's simply not possible to fish in a zone if your skill is below the required zone minimum skill. In Everquest, you can fish anywhere at any skill (assuming you can enter the zone and find some water, of course). However, what you catch (and if you catch something) is determined by your skill. Higher skill makes it more likely that you will catch something, and when you do catch something, higher skill makes it more likely that you will catch a zone-specific fish rather than generic Fresh Fish.
            Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
            Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
            Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
            Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane
              higher skill makes it more likely that you will catch a zone-specific fish rather than generic Fresh Fish.
              the depends on how the tables for the zone were set up. For some zones it makes no difference what you get if you "succeed", but for MOST zones higher skill is better chance at "special" stuff.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I completely skilled my DE Necro from 46 to 200 by fishing in East Cabilis right in front of the Monk Guild. I max'd my faction doing the Demi-Lich Skullcap quest and decided to have a little fun by camping there withough being attacked. Took about a week of on and off while AFK, but max'd totally there and used the fish to make darts....

Mikaal Drazzminius
                Tier'Dal Necromancer
                Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
                Necrotalk Admin
                EQ Traders Super Moderator
                EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

actually there is abysmal sea and i think the other GoD zones where you cant catch certain fish if your skill is too high as well

Comment

Working...
                  X