PoK fishing quest question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoK fishing quest question

I REALLY want a Fisherman's Companion. I can’t seem to go through a stack of bait without breaking my pole. It’s very frustrating. I’ve tried for about three weeks to find the fish or the bones in the bazaar, but without any luck. Could someone please post a guide on how to complete this quest? My ranger is high enough level to access the planes now, but the only plane I’ve been to is the entrance to the plane of justice to do some foraging. Are the plane of Nightmare and the Plane of Valor both lower tier planes that anyone can get to? How far from the entrance is the water located? How dangerous is it to get there? Would I need a group or could I get there on my own and do some fishing without getting slaughtered? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Pait Spiritwalker
    63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
    The Seventh Hammer

PoN is easy, PoV is far from.

Plane of Nightmare is easy - follow the Wall away to the left avoiding mobs and you will soon find a stream. If you watch carefully you will find that there is a spot a little way out from the zone wall that is safe from all but Trains. This is one of my favourite places to fish as I get far less junk than most fishing spots and I also pull out hose lovely crawdad for baking in Butter

PoV on the other hand is very hard to get hold of being tier 2. I asked a few people in the top guild on my server if they knew any fishermen. Then luckily I heard someone asking about the quest and I made their valorian discus bones in exchange for information and some spare fish.

Needless to say I love my fishing companion.

Its fishin' time
    Dragnet Healz
    Cleric of Bristlebane (and practiser of tickle resurrections)
    Potter Baker and Fisherman

aka
    Skampy
    Shaman of Shar Vahl
    GM brewer

aka
    Luisa's fine drinks
    Bazaar

All in the realm of Kane Bayle
    'Ugh Kane's Bayling again seeya in chat!'

Comment

Drat! I was afraid it wasn’t going to be easy.

Thanks for letting me know, Dragnet. I’ll research how to get into and out of the plane of nightmare and try to get those fish for myself. Then I’ll watch the bazaar and start asking around for the fish from the plane of valor. I’ve lusted after that fisherman's companion every since I first heard about it. And by Tunare it shall be mine! :P
      Pait Spiritwalker
      63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
      The Seventh Hammer

Comment

Tonight I found the fish for sale in the Bazaar, 25pp ea. Bought 2 of each, everthing he had, and proceeded to fillet. Now the proud owner of the Fisherman's Companion. I've been looking for about a week now, if you can't get into a Plane to fish for em, keep checking the Bazaar. Well worth the 100pp I spent...

Elder Talipes Vagari - 63 Hierophant
        Grand Master Baker w/GrandMaster's Baking Spoon
        Veeshan

Comment

Wow, lucky you, I managed to find the prepared bones for sale in the Bazaar at 500pp each, so my fisherman's companion cost 2000pp, but I consider it money well spent.
          Aegypius - Paladin of Brell
          Jewelcraft 250, Baking 200, Brewing 200,
          Fletching 200, Pottery 200, Smithing 189,
          Tailoring 169, Fishing 200

Comment

Working...
          X