Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing in waterfalls

Hi,
    I wanted to fish in PoN to get crawdads for my baking. Wanting to stay away from the mobs, I tried fishing at the west zone edge at the waterfall. Any time I tried fishing, I kept getting the land shark message. Can you fish in waterfalls? I tried standing in it, standing on the rocks, etc.

I've never been able to fish in waterfalls. When I want PoN fish, I go to the docks, across the river from the Slargilugs. I have to kill things to get there, of course.
    Sage Gelaan
    Coercer of Vazaelle

Comment

Land Shark

I'm sure it's possible to fish in waterfalls, but it prolly wouldn't be worth th effort.

I've always wondered why that "Fishing for Land Sharks, perhaps?" message appears and, after fishing some in PoK (next to those fisher-guys in the store), discovered that EQ actually tracks where your cast goes. If you cast and it doesn't land in the water is when you get that message. I kept overshooting the little pond thingie (or whatever it is that they're fishing in) and I finally noticed that, when I didn't get the message, there was a little splash in the water!
      Raskii
      author of Raskii's Exhaustive Tailored Armors Listing (site comments/suggestions)
      Current character: Rathish (Stromm)

Comment

I actually have yet to have something aggro on me on the way to the docks (now watch it happen when/if I go there again, heh). Sow/lev/invis, head down the wall, then cut over to the hill after the tree spawns, then to the big rock on the river; hop up on the rock for a litle extra height and run across, looking up a bit to keep as much height as possible. On the other side (all the way up to the flat land) run to docks.

I've never gotten aggro this way myself, though not uncommon for someone in group to (or someone to wander a bit too far off and... oh! hey! hobgoblins!whee! ....OW!)

Kheera

Comment

The waterfall in PoN is not "real" water so you can't fish in it. Besides, the dock is a much "safer" place.
          Dark Elf Sage. Celestial Rising . Xev

Comment

crawdad

Crawdad can be fished in pov which is much safer. I don't if you can fish them in pon though. Well good luck!
            Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

Comment

I invis to the docks and fish from there.

I don't think I have ever tried to fish from a waterfall. After all, why would there be fish in a waterfall?

Magelo

Comment

Originally posted by Noni DeeCups
                I invis to the docks and fish from there.

I don't think I have ever tried to fish from a waterfall. After all, why would there be fish in a waterfall?
                Salmon swim upstream, somtimes through waterfalls, to get to their spawning places. Logically, of course that is in RL, you should be able to catch them in the waterfalls. Not too sure about the other fish.

Oh yeah, trout also.
                Rewde
                Halfling Druid of 61 seasons
                Povar

Comment

The Logic of Fish

Rewde, you dare bring logic into fishing here?!? This is Everquest, where the volume of fish pulled from the pool in New Tanaan would fill it up many times, but you can't even see them in the water! Where you can go to Rivervale, and the fish you can catch, you can't see, and the fish you can see, you can't catch! Where we are discussing the very plan of catching crawdads with a fishing rod! And don't get me started about not being able to drop the most disgusting fish you can catch (gigantic fetid bass) or being able to cast a rod in Kedge Keep, but only if you levitate in the water (?!?!).

Egad. Logic in fishing? What's next?

Just as a note, you can fish in the waterfall in the Plane of Nightmare, but you have to stand in the waterfall itself so your cast hits the end of the river. The only place it works is still close enough to agro wanderers, though, so stick with the docks if you're not with a group.

Silverfish

Comment

Kedge

I have heard about this fishing in kedge thing many times, but have yet to be able to find it. Anyone clue me in, a room to look for, a ceiling to try? please?

Comment

Pole Fishing in Kedge Keep

Try finding a spot near the roof of a room with a tunnel going down, and get your cast to land "in" the tunnel. I've not tried this myself (I'm a cleric, so when I go to Kedge Keep I'm a bit busy to be fishing) but my friends who have say this works in at least some places. It's not easy, though, so be patient if Cauldronbubble and your raidmates will let you alone.

Silverfish

Comment

Working...
                      X