Fishing Macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Macro

Anyone know how to set up a fishing macro so I could walk away from my computer while my character fishes? I know it can be done, I've seen others using them, but could never figure out how to do it myself. The main problem is the fact that you cannot fish after you have caught something and have it on your cursor. I'm sure this was put into the game for the express purpose of keeping you from making a macro for fishing. I knew a person who used something called a "Nostromo" in place of a mouse, she used it to teach languages with. It would constantly set off her "teach language" macro eliminating the need to mash you keyboard, making the whole process much less painful to go through. I'm guessing you would have to use some similar method, but if anyone knows of a way of doing it using in game commands only, please post it. Also, if anyone has experience using the Nostromo or anything similar please post that too.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    Ggoomba
    Ogre Prophet
    Firiona Vie

Anything other than in game commands is a violation and will get you banned if caught. That said, I have set my hotkeys up so i can push with minimal attention and watch tv.

1=fishing
    2=forage
    right click drops it into my bags

I check text every so often and pause during a commercial to dump the junk on the ground.
    250 Baker with trophy
    220 Foraging baker with trophy envy
    200 Fisherwoman
    116 Smithing
    198 Brewer
    190 Potter
    150 Alchemist
    Rising Jeweler (now that we have the plat to launch him)

Comment

Drael said, "right click drops it into my bags"

Right cick on what? Your auto-equip inventory slot? Or have you found a way to right click on something else and have it just drop in as though right clicked while looting?

My fishing hot key isn't even a macro, it's just gotten from the ability buttons so that it pops up when available and down when I press the hot key.

Comment

I goofed, left click drops into inventory - i leave mouse hovering over the auto drop area. Using the /doability command in a hotkey is the only eula legal macro I am aware of....that was what I was trying to communicate.
        250 Baker with trophy
        220 Foraging baker with trophy envy
        200 Fisherwoman
        116 Smithing
        198 Brewer
        190 Potter
        150 Alchemist
        Rising Jeweler (now that we have the plat to launch him)

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctu
          Drael said, "right click drops it into my bags"

Right cick on what? Your auto-equip inventory slot? Or have you found a way to right click on something else and have it just drop in as though right clicked while looting?
          /autoinventory

That's a command you need to know. It drops whatever is on your cursor into your inventory. From wherver your cursor is. (eg: cursor doesnt have to be over the auto-inventory spot).

Great for movie foraging/fishing while movie watching.

button 1, fish
          button 2, /autoinventory
          Jolo, 70th Enlightened StoneFist, Jade Dragon, Xegony
          Antonet, 66th Arcanist, The Commune, Xegony

Comment

Even easier, a one-button hotkey for fishing:

line 1: /doability 1
            line 2: /pause 120
            line 3: /autoinventory

Change the 1 on the first line to whatever the proper number for your fishing ability is. Also adjust the pause as needed; if you have a laggy PC or connection, you might have to increase it to 130 or so; if you have a fast PC and connection, you may be able to reduce it to 110. Every second is ten "units" of pause, so /pause 10 would wait one second, and /pause 120 would wait 12 seconds. The fishing process takes about 10 seconds from when you press the fish button to when you get a result. Add in a second or two to allow for lag, and you have the /pause 120 I recommended.
            Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
            Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
            Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
            Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

I use:

FISHING

/autoinventory
              /pause 120,/doability 3
              /pause 2,/autoinventory
              /pause 120,/doability 3
              /vplay 1

so that i can read email or do something on the other computer and at least get 2 fishings in before looking again.

since anything on the cursor blocks a fishing attempt and i'm not always as observant as i ought to be, i have it do /autoinventory first thing to clear the cursor.

it is similar to my foraging hotkey but i'm not as concerned about /autoinventory there because having something on your cursor does not block a forage attempt.

Falcon’s Pride @ The Nameless

Destiny of the Free @ the Oasis

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaara
                I use:

FISHING

/autoinventory
                /pause 120,/doability 3
                /pause 2,/autoinventory
                /pause 120,/doability 3
                /vplay 1
                What does /vplay 1 do?

Comment

plays a voice sound so i know i'm done fishing =) the number corresponds to your canned voice macros. use control v to see them.

Falcon’s Pride @ The Nameless

Destiny of the Free @ the Oasis

Comment

Working...
                  X