Ice Goblin blood? (for Frost Temper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Goblin blood? (for Frost Temper)

The tempers list says Ice Goblin blood drops off various ice goblins in Everfrost and Permafrost. I've been killing ice gobbies in Everfrost for hours and haven't seen it - is it really rare or am I killing the wrong sorts of goblins? (All I've seen is whelps and scouts.) Is the drop rate better off the ones in Perma? Thanks.

Much better in Permafrost.

Scapa Orkney, 64th level Wood Elf Druid of Tunare
    Master Potter, Journeyman Artisan
    Cnoc Sixovus, 56th level Halfling Cleric of Bristlebane
    Master Baker, Journeyman Brewer
    Jura Sixovus, 40th level Gnome Enchanter
    Master Jeweler, Expert Tinker (284)
    Bertoxxulous - Tholuxe Paells
    BrindleWood

Comment

I have never seen it drop in everfrost. I have only personally seen it drop inside permafrost.

Comment

/concur Permafrost. You can also clean up on Permafrost Crystals while there. Good luck.

Kaidian Blade
        Storm Warden of Death Misdealt
        Soldier, Tradesman, Knightly Gentleman
        ~Magelo Profile~~My Alts~~My Skills~
        "Tradeskillers do it more often!"

Comment

ice goblin blood

they now changed permafrost. now the blood dont drop there apparently. theres no ice giants anymore either

Comment

It has been ages since I have done an EF LDoN, but the bloods used to drop there too and could be why Everfrost is listed as a zone it drops in. Didn't know they changed Permafrost, but that has always been the best source of the blood.
            Lithien

Comment

Originally posted by vhaedraal
              they now changed permafrost. now the blood dont drop there apparently. theres no ice giants anymore either
              woah PF is changed and no one knows about it? that I need to see

Comment

Yea, all the icegoblins are now fire goblins- poor shivering creatures

Comment

Just confirmed this as well, There are now Drakes in where the Ice Giants used to be and they are all over in Lady Vox's room too. There were still ice goblins there however.

Comment

It looks almost as if Permafrost got patched unintentionally. The Goblins and Drakes are all indifferent and have no faction hits, and they're all called "A Young (something)". There are also some purple orcs deeper in. Lady Vox, the Ice Witch, and the named barbarian for the Jaggedpine quest are still there. In the caves under Lady Vox's room, there are a number of mobs named A (something) Spirit that are using the default human model -- oddly enough, some are naked ("Doug" models) and some are wearing chain mail.

To me, it almost looks like some dev made a copy of the zone for use in an instance, then started making changes to the info for the live zone, rather than the instance. The whole zone now has the feel of an instanced mission, if that makes any sense.

For what it's worth, I did get a couple of Permafrost Essence as ground spawns. The orcs dropped some fine steel weapons. The drakes dropped a Drake Egg. I didn't kill enough gobbies to check their drops.

Edit: I just pinged Maddoc about this to make sure it's an intended change.
                    Last edited by KyrosKrane; 04-09-2006, 08:44 PM.
                    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Bah. None of you have your server in your sig except Kyroskrane... and I cannot tell from his post if he personally verified it... checking his server myself...
                      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                      Grandmaster Smith 250
                      Master Tailor 200
                      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

And yup things changed. Poking people to see what is up.
                        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                        Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200
                        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Yes, I personally went in and verified it. =) I wouldn't have posted what I did otherwise, not without qualifying it with "I've heard" and similar.
                          Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

Prexus has it too.

Comment

Keridon posted here that the problem has been found, and should be fixed by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X