a strange dark fungus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a strange dark fungus

the map for N. Kaladim doesn't show the location of the '' mushroom'' farm. the name of it is Grey Bloom Farms. it has 4 or 5 rows .. and spawns both the underfoot mushrooms and the '' a strange dark fungus'' both needed for the kaladim constitutional drink +5 to resists .. and for Thubr's darkened ale.. for the PoR trophy. this is the only place i have found them. on the map it looks like a farm house near water . good luck !

Yes it is the only place and with only a matching set of 7 per spawn cycle (6 or 7 minutes?) it can get hard to farm enough to use KC for skilling up brewing or the trophy. Pitful as it is my begging skill was almost maxed off the rats that roams there along with most of my magic skills.

Comment

Hah, you did that too? I set a begging hot key that cycled through 5 attempts (with a built in pause). Chasing that one rat around while waiting for spawns was hilariously ... aweful but it helped. (I was doing biC quest so needed 151+ begging skill at the time)

Then I decided to stop chasing him and begged off the merchant inside the farm there instead.
      Crystilla
      EQ Round Table Member
      The Persistent Serving Wench
      ~~~Quest'er, Camp'er, Raider and Tradeskill'er at Heart~~~
      Member of the 2100 club (5/6/2007)

Comment

re

I begged from one of the guys in nedaria's landing. Don't get any money, but they don't attack if you botch it either.
        Brewing (300 + master trophy) Fletching (300 + master trophy) Baking (300 + master trophy) Tailoring (300 + master trophy) Pottery (300 + master trophy) Jewel Craft (300 + master trophy) Blacksmithing (300 + master trophy) Research (300 + master trophy)

Comment

begging is probably the only skill you can raise on a green con. It is mostly useless so not much of an exploit Most green con generally don't attack high level player so it is usually safe to beg a green con till the pig fly.

Comment

I just begged from my pet. He's quite patient until I snap my fingers.

I just wish the farm was a 1:1 ratio of ground spawns instead of 7:10. =p
            Durell Spider`Monkey - 70 HUM MNK - Pandemonium - Zek
            Tuis Hajidodger - 70 HUM MAG
            Bake 300T7M1 : Brew 300T7M1 : Fletch 300T7M1 : JC 300T7 : Pot 300T7M1 : Tailor 300T6M2
            Smith 300T7M2 : Fishing 195C : Research 271T5+M3 : Salvage 3
            Delgnome Pandeminimum 60 GNM SHD: Tink 300T6 : Smith 261GM3 : Salvage 1
            Wikkn Hajidodger 60 HFL DRU: Smith 260T5M3 : Tailor 247T5M3 : Salvage 1
            Bazoika Hajidodger 35 DWF BER: Smith 170
            Botumbo Rotundo 60 OGR WAR: Smith 210M3 : Tailor 0 : Salvage 1
            Abhorrentx Hajidodger 55 HEF BRD: Smith 215

Comment

Yes. I leave 3 unpicked so I'd have 1/1 ratio for brewing without having to deal with the extra 3 fungus. When I make a round, I leave 3 blue ground spawns in the last row (either front or back depending where I start) It'd be nice if someone went there and changed one of the mushroom so we'd have 8/9 per spawn cycle leaving only 1 to rot and allowing us slightly quicker farming.

By getting 1 extra pair per spawn cycle, you need to farm 3 less spawn cycle per 2 hours to get the desired number of mushrooms. That's about 7 minutes saving per hour of farming. For example you spend 5 hours farming at 7 sets per spawn you would only get 420 sets. (assuming 6 minue spawn rate I never timed this!) But if the ratio was changed so you get 8 pairs per hour you would only need to spend about 4 hours 24 minutes to get the same 420 pairs. I hope I am making sense with this post

Anyway the advantage of this would be less farm hogging in the long run! Alternatively the dwarves can "discover" a new farm somewhere within Kaladim area (via patch to add extra area) and 2 peeps can farm without having to split, share, or fight over one existing farm.

Comment

I pluck them all...then watch the bazaar for strange dark fungus. They're rare, but they do occur once in a while. Also, Salvage 3 throws the ratios off anyway.

To the begging comment...I've never practiced on the rats, I just go AFK between spawns and clean house or browse EQTC.

For begging, I raised it while camping for yellow tide feaster bile for BiC. I had a Dire Charmed pet that did the killing while I 'tanked' for the pet (yay Rune of Shadows!) and begged from my kills.
                Visionary Beldhyr Jogues, Sigil of Mindspark, Consul. Entrancer of Brell Serilis, Nameless (Innoruuk) Server
                Master Artisan, Researcher, & Tinker.

Comment

The extra mushrooms can be used for underfoot brown ale, which is used for a katta faction quest. I may still not have "caught up" with fungus, since I was using a lot of ale to raise faction for the shield quest.

Comment

Working...
                  X