Any profit for a 200-level brewer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any profit for a 200-level brewer?

Ok, brewing isn't my main tradeskill, and I won't get AAs for another year or two. Is there any way to make a profit with a 200-level brewing? My tailoring keeps me rolling in cash, but I wouldn't mind more money (and it would ease the pain after all those combines).
    Thanks in advance!
    Roarrarhr - Sol Ro
    32 Ogre Warrior
    Alcohol Tolerance 150
    Baking 135
    Brewing 250 - with Trophy
    Fishing 43
    Fletching 84
    Swimming 82

I forget the rest.

200 skill, try Grobb's and Qeynos Tea.

Grobbs triv about 202 (I think) so with a geerlok you should be fine. Qeynos tea is more difficult but sells for a lot more.

Venril Sathir: Grobb's flux about 4-6pp, Qeynos sells for 20pp

You could make smithing tempers as well but I can't say how well they sell, I end up using mine

Comment

tempers. any coldain temper should sell well now. look for bd's chepa and make celestial if you feel brave. auction for it. i have gotten several hundred plat when a smith just needed someone to combine for him some tempers.

Maker of Picnics.
      Cooker of things best left unidentified.
      "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Grobbs trivials at 216. Still very viable at 200 + gearlok.

Qeynos Tea.

Tempers! Cultural, Coldain, and Celestial with BD's.

LDoN tempers seem to sell for good money as well, though I'm reluctant to suggest them, since my smith is skilling up on them now, and I find the prices for the tempers in the bazaar to be absolutely ludicrous.
        Balkin Ironfist (Ominous Deeds)
        56th Myrmidon of Brell Serilis
        Xegony

"Every day of my life forces me to lower my estimate of the average IQ of the Human Race."

Comment

Other items that will sell well and you can MQ:

Tainted Avalanche Ale - for the 9th Coldain ring quest - MQ

Planar Blood Brew - for a nice PoK quest item.

Kaladim Constitutionals - sold out all mine in bazaar easily
          Barli Truebeard
          Dwarven Warrior
          Legion of Legend - Kane Bayle
          Grandmaster (250) Brewing + trophy

Comment

Kaladim Constitutionals? Even at 250 I seem to fail more then I make. It is so disgusting that I wont even make them anymore.

Magelo

Comment

Don't bother with the CVT anymore. As I'm sure you are aware, there was a price mistake on the vendor who sold them not long ago. The price was set to 0 by accident, and some unscrupulous players filled up as many backpacks as they could with them. One guy on my server had over 1700 of them for sale for 8pp each. Call me a cynic, but I doubt very highly that he made that many.

Comment

lots of that stock has been sold out and people are making 40pp+ on cvt now. check your bazaar.

Maker of Picnics.
                Cooker of things best left unidentified.
                "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Kaladim's, TA Ale and Planar blood brew all have 250+ trivs (well TAA is 248). We're looking for 200ish skill trivs.

Kaladim's are near 50% success with 252 skill. 210 will see a significant drop in success, but look how much they sell for, you may be able to get a profit still.

60 combines cost a bit under 400pp to make
                  produce 120 drinks on average
                  sell for 20pp each
                  so 2400pp made from 400pp spent on ingredients. 2k profit.

Say you only make 60 drinks, that is still 800pp profit. Up to you if you think this is worth the effort.

Comment

CVT's are no less than 100pp on Vazaelle.

I only saw one person on our server who must have got the tempers for free. They had about 1600 on their trader mule the day after the bug, and seemed to go down a couple hundred a day after that.
                    Marteeny
                    65 Enchanter
                    Vazaelle

Comment

Success rate on Tainted Avalanche Ales should be about 70% at 200, and MQs go for anywhere from 1-5k.
                      Koutarou - 80 Cleric
                      2014 and counting, slowly...

Comment

I made a hefty sum awhile back making LoY dyes. You know for the ribbons. I would spend awhile foraging and when I could find the components cheap in the bazaar I would buy them. I was the only one doing it on my server for a good while. Made quite a bit of cash and when I got back to my pc I allway's had tells from people looking for more.

Comment

Planar Blood Brew trivials between 200 and 220.

They're not too difficult to make, and sell pretty well in bazaar, but the Slarghilug blood used in the brew is nodrop.
                          Lanalia - Storm Warden
                          Glory's Path
                          Bertoxxulous

Comment

GLM

Grobb's is very good if you don't mind the clicking. Even though it is triv at 216, you will have about a 95% success rate with 200 + geerlok.

Comment

For brewing stuff to drink... GLM and QAT are your two biggest sellers. QAT for casters, GLM for melees. Sadly, there are very few stat drinks other than these two that are worth mass producing.

As far as tempers... dunno, they might be worth cash (I've heard they are good profit), but I much rather perfer to work with stuff I can drink!

Comment

Working...
                              X