X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not combine

Taelosian Tuna a la King
    7 pieces as listed... checked several times
    3 ovens checked: platform in PoK, oven in baking house in PoK, oven in Rivervale
    The does not combine message. not one saying you should know something else.

Multiple items named Mushroom, use the rare no drop one from DSP.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=20635

Comment

Thanks for the information. In Dawnshroud I looted Mushroom (lore A Mushroom) EQ ID 31485 (from output file). Still not combining. I have resumed the hunt in Dawnshroud. I understand that EQ Traders ID is different from the EQ ID.

Comment

The "real" EQItem ID should be 31485 whereas the "EQTC Item ID" is 20635.

I have recently made it and confirmed the recipe ID. Now there have been a few patches since I made it - but it wasn't that long ago. Maybe December? or November?

I wonder if there's a chance it's broken since then?
        Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

So - I just went and got a 31485 and it combined just fine for me - BUT I've made it before, so I had it memorized.

Are you sure that you're using the 4 lb Tuna? That can be tricky to get.
          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

So, the Mushroom I have now is the correct one. Hurray! And, I do have the 4 lb. Tuna. (It takes a newbie fisherperson to get that. I engaged an inexperienced alt.) In attempting to resolve the problem, I noticed that Alla has a recipe icon from Chowderly for this. Is it possible that to do this one MUST be doing that series of challenges? At this point I have not interacted with him.

Comment

Re the Chowderly quest, I checked Oven to see what I know of them. According to his book at Alla there are seven. I know the four preceding the combine under discussion. Also I know Tuna Rice Surprise. I know neither the current one nor Tuna Sunrise Steak.

Comment

Chef Chowderly joyfully eats the cakes. 'This is great! You certainly know how to make this dish. Shissar Eggs are not easy to prepare properly, but you did an excellent job. We might have a master chef in the making here! I think these dishes have been too easy for you. From here on out, the recipes are going to be harder to make. I think you can handle it though. Take this recipe for Taelosian Tuna a la King. Once you make this dish, hand it to me along with the recipe I just gave to you.' Chef Chowderly returns to his busy pace of cooking.
                You gain experience!!

You receive a Recipe for Taelosian Tuna A La King, which reads:

Talosian [sic] Tuna A La King

Combine in an Oven
                One 4 lb. Saltwater Tuna
                One Bottle of Milk
                One Cup of Flour
                One Phoenix Egg
                One Mushroom
                Spices
                Vegetables

Looks like you do need to do the quest series for it. I'll add a note.
                Last edited by Aanuvane; 02-26-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Update: I have been to see Chef Chowderly and under his guidance have been doing the recipes he loves. I did the first four, which I already knew. Then I did the Taelosian Tuna a la King, the topic of this thread. It was successful with no further changes than the Dawnshroud mushroom which previously did not combine. Now that Chef is guiding me I made the recipe successfully.

Thanks to you for assisting me through this!

But it exposes a big curiosity. How is it that I was able to do the first four and the sixth recipes without Chef's help?

And the status of the seventh will have to await testing by an untutored baker.

Comment

OK - so here's an interesting fact....

At a skill of 54 - I could search on Tuna and got 5 recipes

At a skill of about 140 I could search on Tuna and got a lot if not most of the oven "tuna" recipes for GoD

By 150 I could search on and find Spicy Tuna Salad Sandwich, but not Pan-Seared Orange Tuna

By 160 I could search on and find Pan-Seared Orange Tuna, but not Tuna Kabobs

By 175 I could search on and find Taelosian Tuna Kabobs, but not Chowderly's Delightful Tuna Cakes

At 200 I still can't see Chowderly's Delightful Tuna Cakes, but I'll pick up my experimentation later.

(went to an alt with skill of 54 - made fish rolls and then patty melts)
                    Last edited by Aanuvane; 02-28-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paloverde View Post
                      And, I do have the 4 lb. Tuna. (It takes a newbie fisherperson to get that. I engaged an inexperienced alt.)
                      The zone of The Buried Sea allows you to catch all sizes of saltwater tuna even at max fishing skill. So there's another option.

Comment

Originally posted by Aanuvane View Post
                        OK - so here's an interesting fact....

At a skill of 54 - I could search on Tuna and got 5 recipes

At a skill of about 140 I could search on Tuna and got a lot if not most of the oven "tuna" recipes for GoD

By 150 I could search on and find Spicy Tuna Salad Sandwich, but not Pan-Seared Orange Tuna

By 160 I could search on and find Pan-Seared Orange Tuna, but not Tuna Kabobs

By 175 I could search on and find Taelosian Tuna Kabobs, but not Chowderly's Delightful Tuna Cakes

At 200 I still can't see Chowderly's Delightful Tuna Cakes, but I'll pick up my experimentation later.

(went to an alt with skill of 54 - made fish rolls and then patty melts)
                        There are 7 recipes in the quest. The first 3 recipes everyone knows without having to learn them. But like any high-level recipe, you can't see the recipe listed in your window until your skill is high enough. The last 4 recipes you have to learn (and they count towards 350 skill). None of the recipe scrolls from Chef Chowderly are scribeable. It could be there is a hidden flag given during the quest to allow you to make the Taelosian Tuna A La King. Or it could be that Paloverde made a mistake. He didn't say what his skill is or what the error message was. I just did the whole quest successfully but I can't verify the problem with that one recipe because I didn't try it before doing the quest.

Comment

Right. That's what I was trying to help figure out to prove that some were auto learned and the last ones weren't.

Comment

Working...
                          X