Tool kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool kit

Basically i am pitching an idea i had about how we bakers could reduce the amount of bank space that our tools take by creating a few new recipies that would shrink them to 1 item. Heres the basic idea:
    there would be like 4 or 5 new recipies in which we combine up to 5 of our tools in a spit/oven and they become a new LORE item with 1 charge of a spell effect that would summon the same tools we put in it. then we would have 1 of these kind of recipies for every 5 tools we use (including all general tools not special quest only tools etc.) and a final recipie that would combine all 5 of these products into a single LORE item with ! charge of summon these products. Heres an example:
    My formal idea:
    1)Grimling+Shissar+Sonic Wolf+Vah Shir Cookie Cutters in a spit/oven= Luclin Cookie Cutter Bundle(lore, magic item wt:2stones size:small expendable with 1 charge of: Open Bundle(a): summons 1 of each type of cookie cutter included in the recipie)
    2)Animal+Barbarian+Troll+Gnome Cookie Cutters in a spit/oven= Anotican Cookie Cutter Bundle (lore, magic item wt:2stones size:small expendable with 1 charge of: Open Bundle(b): summons 1 of each type of cookie cutter included in the recipie)
    3)Dairy Spoon+Skewers+Filleting Knife+Crab Cracker+Pot in a spit/oven= Pot of Baking Utensils (lore, magic item, wt:2stones size:small expendable with 1 charge of: Empty Pot: summons 1 of each tool included in the recipie)
    4)Bread Tin+Muffin Tin+Pie Tin+Cake Round+Non Stick Frying Pan in a spit/oven= Stack of Tins (lore, magic item, wt:2stones size:small expendable with 1 charge of: Unstack Tins: summons 1 of each tool included in the recipie)
    5)Wok+Smoker+Cassarole Dish+Bucket in a spit/oven= Bucket of Baking Tools (lore, magic item, wt:4stones size:medium expendable with 1 charge of: Empty Bucket: summons 1 of each tool included in the recipie)
    6)Luclin Cookie Cutter Bundle+Anotican Cookie Cutter Bundle+Pot of Baking Utensils+Stack of Tins+Bucket of Baking Tools in a spit/oven= Teslana's Tool Kit (lore, magic item, wt:12stones, size:medium expendable with 1 charge of: Open Tool Kit: summons 1 of each bundle included in the recipie)

All of the "bundled" items would have no merchant value but would be tradable so that people could give them to alts/friends/guildies etc. they would be lore so that people could make alot of them and exploit them somehow, and they would be expendable so that you would not have the item once you unpacked it. Because these are recipies you do not need to change the coding on the tools because they are already included in recipies and because they are basically just compacting the tools you have already, you should not have to recode the ingredient tools so that they arent worth anything to merchants. All things considered you would just have to add 6 new recipies, 6 new spell effects, and 6 new items total. This is far less work than some of other ideas have proposed.
    Another, more flavorful touch would be to make them silly combines. My idea is this:
    With each of the base 5 recipies you include a Loaf of Bread in the combine and explain that you are "shoving the tools into the bread" and the names would change accordingly; then for the final fused combine you would include a Frosting and explain that you are "glueing them all together and decorating them like a cake" and the final product would be a Teslana's Tool Cake (with the same effects as the standard form but with a different name for the spell effects like Eat Cake or something)
    The lore behind the cake theory is that (look out roleplay ahead) My adoptive grandfather was a semi-crazy elf who loved cooking. One day he was fed up with always misplacing his tools so he gathered them up and shoved them into loaves of bread which he then covered in frosting and baked into a big cake so that he'd never lose them (because who looses track of a big tasty cake? =P)

...and...

feel free to reply/give opinons/etc. lol thats why I posted. (especially Naimi or Negreth) 1 edit is that the bundles are LORE so they can NOT be exploited (typo)

Comment

I believe this was discussed in the new aa ideas forum.

Comment

Is it being looked into any further?

Comment

Working...
        X