Basilisk eggs nerfed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basilisk eggs nerfed?

Alright, let me start by saying that I am new to the baking community and still have trouble distinguishing between things. We'll I just dinged 142 in baking yesterday and decided to make batwing pies. I gathered the ingredients needed but noticed that the dough combo of milk, flour and a basilisk egg only yielded 5 clumps of dough, not the 15 that everyone says it is supposed to.

So was this recipe nerfed? Or are there multiple types of basilisk eggs that I don't know about?

Actually, there are 2 types of Basilisk eggs. One is foraged, one is drop.

One yeilds 5, one yields 15. I really don't remember, but I think the drop eggs yield 15. *shrug*

Yer not losing your mind, and they haven't been nerfed... Good things to know all around! LOL
    Balkin Ironfist (Ominous Deeds)
    56th Myrmidon of Brell Serilis
    Xegony

"Every day of my life forces me to lower my estimate of the average IQ of the Human Race."

Comment

Awesome Well, I was being a lazy bum yesterday and didn't feel like farming these, so I just bought some in the bazaar. I guess tonight I will get my ranja pal and go farm in lava for a while!

BTW, are there any fun buff foods to make at around lev 150? Not so much concerned with the skill increases on them, just looking for something with +stats that I'm not going to botch every one.

Comment

Pickled Storm Giant & Pickled Frost Giant are both decent stat-food at your level of skill.
        Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
        Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
        Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
        Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

basilisk egg (singular) are drop only and yield 15 clumps of dough

basilisk eggs (plural) are foraged only and yield 5 clumps of dough

so watch those bazaar sellers scammin you with their foraged eggs!

Falcon’s Pride @ The Nameless

Destiny of the Free @ the Oasis

Comment

Thought of making Patty melts instead? cheap and all vendor sold, triv 191......

Comment

if you forage much in velious. shell cracker's sea side salad was a decent use of a lot of little foods. gave me something to do with the dragon bay snapper i caught when fishing for cod. most real good meals are high. some pretty decent grub around 180ish though for the steak and pickeled velious stuff. go for wurm in gd. pickeled wurm is 1 all stats and pickeled drake is 2 wis/int.

good luck.

Maker of Picnics.
              Cooker of things best left unidentified.
              "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

i can confirm as of 02/01/2004 the eggs dropped from the basilisk in jagged pines still generated 15 clumps of dough when combined with 1 cup of flour and 1 bottle of milk in my collapsable mixing bowl. :-)

baron cannyar coldmoon

Comment

Thanks for the info on the eggs everyone! Yeah, I've decided to go with patty melts. A friend has to farm something off of dragons in skyshrine anyways so I will collect the dragon meat while I'm at it

Comment

Yeah dropped = 15, foraged =5. I slaughter lavastorm and get a stack in about 20-30 mins on avg.
                    Overlord of Erollisi
                    Stalker of Tunare's lands

Comment

hehe. i paid 200pp in the bazaar just to make dragon steaks. we are doing our first HoT raid in 2 weeks for my guild.

Maker of Picnics.
                      Cooker of things best left unidentified.
                      "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Working...
                      X