Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarskunk
    Sigh - had to go down to hunt some of those suckers in Lavastorm this evening to finish off my HMPs - had the worst luck - they weren't popping worth nothing and the few that did pop refused to drop eggs - gonna send my ranger next time.
    JP > Lavastorm

-Lilosh
    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

"Scortched Earth Method" really works in Lavastorm . .. i killed all the fire drakes I could find and all of a sudden there were tons of basiliks, dropping 2-3 eggs each.

Although I'd have to agree, JP is better for FINDING the darn things, even if i can't kill them yet. ops:
      ~Turlie Silverwine~
      "Rogues do it from behind"

Comment

I found that getting a friendly druid to cast SoE and then running around LS was the best way to farm eggs. At 44, I really don't want to tangle with JP MOBS. 45 minutes netted me about 1 1/2 stacks of eggs, good for 450 clumps, assuming the RNG is having a good day (not likely). This method should work for most lower to mid level characters and those who don't want to take aggro from wanderers. Just my 2cp.

Phabos
        Drunken Paladin of Brell
        Tarew Marr

Comment

Jaggedpine basilisks

Near the brell gnolls is a cave (right from door) there are about 8 basilisk spawns in there. Got 2 eggs off a single basilisk. Wasn't even trying to farm eggs, was trying to find the butter vendor. But if i had to bet on the easiest way to make a crap load of dough w eggs; I'd say basilisk cave is yer fastest way.

I clicked halas stone in pok, ran to blackburrow then to jagged. head toward gnolls and right from door was the cave which had 2 or 3 separate rooms with basilisks in them. You'll never go back to lavastorm to get eggs when you can kill the basilisks here.
          Grimlach Blackhand - Prophet, Innoruuk server. 1750 ts'er, all trophies, 200 fisherman, 200 alchemist and alchemy mastery aas.

Comment

Snake Eggs

I'm pretty sure I just ran into a limitless supply of snake eggs in Guktar (new froglok Grobb). Shortly in the entrance, on the left, there's a vendor with some froglok staples... Fish is the big one I remember. First slot was Snake Eggs. He had nothing sold to him on him (the zone was pretty empty). I bought 20 Snake Eggs, and he didn't run out.

I should have written down his name!

----------
            edit:

I went back to the spot to confirm, and there was no vendor there... I swear I'm not on medication.... but you should ignore this, because apparently I'm full of it.

Comment

Upto 2 eggs in my experience.

My Magelo
              Grandmistress Baker of Antonius Bayle, And owner of the Grandmasters Spoon

Comment

I'm a Jagged Pine advocate as well. I <b>can</B> solo genitors with my 30 druid (root/dot), but it's not easy.

I have never seen an egg drop off the normal basilisks; I too have heard reports that they drop eggs but I remain unconvinced. It makes sense for them to be only on the genitors (who have dropped up to 6 eggs at a time for me).

Comment

Ever,

I have like four stacks of wurm, dragons, and the sorts from WW..I used them for dough, should I not? =\
                  Dragon eggs are used to make dragon oil(egg + water flask in brew barrel) which is used to make the line for the Blessed Fishing Pole for the Earring of Solstice quest.

Drake eggs are used to make drake oil(egg + water flask in brew barrel) to be used by tailors to make Cobalt Drake Armor.
                  Liwsa 75 Druid Prexus - Retired

Comment

Tailors of narrath were turning in their beds at the though.

My Magelo
                    Grandmistress Baker of Antonius Bayle, And owner of the Grandmasters Spoon

Comment

I'm pretty sure I just ran into a limitless supply of snake eggs in Guktar (new froglok Grobb). Shortly in the entrance, on the left, there's a vendor with some froglok staples... Fish is the big one I remember. First slot was Snake Eggs. He had nothing sold to him on him (the zone was pretty empty). I bought 20 Snake Eggs, and he didn't run out.

I should have written down his name!

----------
                      edit:

I went back to the spot to confirm, and there was no vendor there... I swear I'm not on medication.... but you should ignore this, because apparently I'm full of it.

The vendor is Dar Forager Luun, he's on a timer(about 6-8mins depending on cycle), he only has 35 eggs when he returns to his spot. He leaves to go forage, first going to innothule swamp, then returning, next trip he jumps in the water to his left and swims to the wizard guild, to get ported to the moon, I still haven't found out which zone(I know it's not the nexus, or twilight sea) leaves DSP and grimling, not sure which yet.
                      Sebilrazen
                      53 Druid
                      Drinal

250 Baker w/spoon
                      200 on all others, save JC only 101

Comment

Dar Forager Lumun

Don't get excited about this vendor as a source of eggs for baking. Every time he arrives the only eggs in his inventory are 10 snake eggs. Snake eggs only yield 1 clump of dough. You'd be better off looting one alligator egg (yield 10) or basilisk egg (yield 15). Even aviak eggs (yield 7) and cockatrice eggs (yield 5) would be more worth your time to hunt because this vendor is unreliable. I camped him for the good portion of a few days and it can be a long, long time between his arrivals with his fresh inventory. I got so impatient waiting for him to despawn to refresh his inventory that I even tried killing him to see if that would speed up his journey. It didn't. Just lowered my faction.

Comment

My boyfriend looked over my shoulder while I was catching up on the board and said "Only on EQtraders could you see people having a three page discussion about eggs."

Comment

Basilisk eggs rule for dough

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the forum, but I had to weigh in on the egg issue. If you can track or know someone who does, Lavastorm is the place for eggs. I have gotten as many as 4 eggs off of one basilisk. The down side is that they only average about 1 egg per basilisk, but basilisks are plentiful there. It is a good size zone however. Because of volcanic dust (I guess) the basilisks frequently settle below the surface with only the tips of their fins sticking out where you can see them. Being a fire zone, they are pretty much immune to fire damage, but are suseptible to wind/cold/lightening damage. The other thing is that there are lots of lava pits there. You do not want to run into one of these - certain death. I always cast levitate when hunting here and sail right across the lava pits as well as the many cliffs and dropoffs where you will take damage without levitate. When I started hunting basilisks there at 34, every mob in the zone was green to me except the fire crocodile. It was teal (light blue).

Being a druid, the only way I know to get there is by porting. So you'll have to ask someone else how to get there without a port.

I think it is crazy to use basilisk eggs for noodles. Snake eggs which are plentiful in many zones, make 1 clump of dough or 1 noodles. Basilisk eggs make 15 clumps of dough or 2 noodles. Who in their right mind would use basilisk eggs for noodles. In the bazaar on Karana server, about the only eggs I find for sale are Aviak eggs, and they usually run 1-3 platinum each. I imagine that basilisk eggs would easily sell between 5-10 platinum each (maybe more). I can usually get about a stack of eggs per hour in lavastorm. So any druids or rangers can probably solo here starting from low to mid 20's I would think, and make a small fortune looting basilish eggs and selling them.
                            Liamo Lvl 37 druid
                            Tessae lvl 26 enchanter

Email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X