Quest
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL

Size:
    SMALL

Weight:
    This item can be used in tradeskills

Id : 13373.

This site states this item is not used in tradeskills, but it has the tag on it. Not that this is definitive but after the June 16 Patch where items that used to be used in tradeskills but were no longer was given that tag, this item still states its a tradeskill item.

There was a post on Allakhazam which said that combining this and sea spirit which is a shaman vendor tradeskill ingredient would create an enduring breath potion, trivial 60 -ish.

I tried the combine and got the message "You do not meet the requirements for this combine".

That's different to the message if trying to combine an incorrect set of items in a container.

After a little digging the consensus was;

My skill was either too low level or it was part of a quest.

As my skill was 300, I ruled that out.

So the combine must be part of a quest, after all it also had a Quest tag. Considering the location the bone drops, I am guessing its an old troll shaman quest.

Any other information you have would be most helpful.

Any chance the combine only works on progression servers?
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

The post on Alla was from 2004, so thinking not.

Comment

When was the alchemy revamp? That's why I was asking about progression servers - old recipes still work there.

Looks like the revamp was in Feb 2006....
        Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Not that I'm ruling out a re-vamp or progression server option, but I've tried a combine on the mainstream server which was listed as only working on the progression server, and I get the usual "you cannot combine these items in this trade skill container" or something, but the message I am getting when attempting a combine for this is different.

Also after the patch in June 2016, DB updated items to show they were no longer used in tradeskills. This and a lot of DON components (and that is another story) still have tradeskill tags.

If this is because they work on progression server and not on the mainstream servers, that's a poor solution.

Comment

Working...
          X