GM trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM trophy

I can't find how to make the GM trophy for alchemy. Anyone have a link?

You mean this?

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...r=080010700000

Or this?

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=120058000000

Comment

To clarify, there are two different sets of trophies, the old and the new.

The old trophies have just one level and you craft them. They use an Artisan's Seal which is an easy, but expensive pottery combine. You can fail with a reasonably good skill or succeed with a reasonably bad skill. There was no research trophy. You can still make the old trophies, and in fact, rogues will probably want to make the old trophy because it's used in quests.

The new trophies come in 7 levels per tradeskill and you quest for them. The quests come from a gnome in the newbie yard of West Freeport. Since the quests check your skill level at the beginning, you can't get one beyond your level. They evolve naturally as you level up so long as you keep them equipped when combining.

The old trophy would summon 100% weight reducing temporary bags with 10 giant slots, which can be converted to a permanent Artisan's Satchel, but only 1 permanent bag is allowed per person.

The new trophies also summon temporary bags, but the quality of the bag depends on which trophy you have. If you don't have the master's trophy, the bags will be worse than what the old trophy summoned. You can convert the temporary bag to a permanent item, which will be specific to the tradeskill and trophy level.

You can have one of the new permanent bags for each tradeskill. (There's a separate lore group for each tradeskill) But if you have both the old and new trophy, you can have the OLD permanent bag and the new one. The bags don't automatically upgrade when your trophy evolves. You'll need to destroy the old one to create a new one.

To convert the temporary bag to permanent, you give it to a gnome in the bazaar. For the new bags, he gives you an essence which is generic across tradeskills, and you're supposed to combine it in a tradeskill container to get the permanent bag.

Example: I have 200 skill and the Journeyman's Smithing trophy. I turn in the summoned journeyman's bag and get back a journeyman's essence. I can combine that in a forge to get a journeyman's smithing bag, which is permanent. If I later try to combine an Expert's Essence in a forge, it won't work.

It won't work you use a container for a tradeskill where you don't have the skill. If I don't have any tailoring skill, the Journeyman's Essence won't combine in a sewing kit.
      I tried combining Celestial Solvent, a Raw Rough Hide, Rough Hide Solution and a Skinning Knife. But the result was such an oxymoron, it opened a rift into another universe. I fell through into one of Nodyin's spreadsheets and was slain by a misplaced decimal.

Comment

Is it possible to get all the trophy quests at once? Im going to go tonight but just wondering for now?

Thanks,
        Bill

Comment

As long as you have enough free quest slots (what's the limit these days, 19?), yes—you can get all the TS Trophy quests at the same time.

Comment

It's tough but it's worth it

Comment

lol i have both the new and old trophy for alchemy. Seems odd as I recall having to turn in older trophy on a different tradeskill but not alchemy. So was still able to summon my bags til I got mine to evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by Neebat View Post

The new trophies come in 7 levels per tradeskill and you quest for them. The quests come from a gnome in the newbie yard of West Freeport. Since the quests check your skill level at the beginning, you can't get one beyond your level. They evolve naturally as you level up so long as you keep them equipped when combining.
                Gnome!! She is a Halfling!
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200
                Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                  And he should know! He ate the Gnome!
                  Rundle Allnighter
                  Warrior of The Tribunal (formally of Ayonae Ro)
                  80 seasons spent defending Norrath

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                    I've been corrected on this before. She's a fuzzy gnome. Indistinguishable from a halfling except for alignment.

You really think a self-respecting halfling would give out trophies to ogres, dark elves and iksars? Nope. But those gnomes, they'll deal with anybody.
                    I tried combining Celestial Solvent, a Raw Rough Hide, Rough Hide Solution and a Skinning Knife. But the result was such an oxymoron, it opened a rift into another universe. I fell through into one of Nodyin's spreadsheets and was slain by a misplaced decimal.

Comment

Well since she is a good friend for the Denmother, she has learned to not be picky about what a person looks like. I mean she wouldn't have given you your trophies if it came to just looks...

She only wants people to have the skill!
                      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                      Grandmaster Smith 250
                      Master Tailor 200
                      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Neebat View Post
                        I've been corrected on this before. She's a fuzzy gnome. Indistinguishable from a halfling except for alignment.

You really think a self-respecting halfling would give out trophies to ogres, dark elves and iksars? Nope. But those gnomes, they'll deal with anybody.
                        Actually, my Halfling Druid, Shmoozo (Cazic-Thule server), has good faction in most of Oggok, major portions of Neriak, and most of Cabilis, and he has been engaged in various forms of commerce with Ogres, Dark Elves and Iksars for years.

Of course, he's always been an exceptionally odd fellow in that regard. He also has ally faction with the Sarnaks in Chardok as well as both the Runnyeye and Pickclaw Goblins. It's highly unsual (not to mention more than a littlle bit weird) for a Stormreaper Druid from Rivervale to reach the ally level of faction with those two Goblin clans.

Shmoozo fancies himself to be a sort of self-appointed, itinerant ambassador to many of the dark races, but there is also a bit of profit motive involved. Being able to shop in unusual places can be handy when one is searching for certain rare ingredients for trade skill recipes.

Uncle Shmoozo
                        "Some of you may remember me ... "

Comment

Working...
                        X