Wouldn't it be nice if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be nice if...

We could start Alchemy before level 25...Ahh just think of it we could make those silly little potions that would be soo useful at lower levels instead of having to beg an already skilled shammy to make em for you and having to pay out the ying-yang for the service<well, I thought since I provided the materials it should have been a little less than 3 plat per>. Good news though after I had done this there now seems to be some for lower levels in the bazaar....
    Strokker~Fennin Ro
    What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.John Myer~Hellboy 2004

Gnomes do start with tinker at 50 until they reach level 16, so maybe its a possibility to have shaman have a fixed cap below level 25? Maybe rogues too?

Grolyn Blacknife
    Beastlord
     T:7
     M:0
     T:6
     M:1
    Fletching:
     M:2
    Zira Blacknife
    Shaman
    Maelin Starpyre
    Vazaelle
    Reiseraa
    Necro
    Research:

Comment

Originally posted by Strokker View Post
      We could start Alchemy before level 25...Ahh just think of it we could make those silly little potions that would be soo useful at lower levels instead of having to beg an already skilled shammy to make em for you and having to pay out the ying-yang for the service<well, I thought since I provided the materials it should have been a little less than 3 plat per>. Good news though after I had done this there now seems to be some for lower levels in the bazaar....
      All the low level potions sell pretty cheap on NPC vendors, much less than 3pp per and will carry you past level 25 where you can start making them yourself.

Gorse

Comment

That's true for the pok potions, but not for things like sow, ds potions... etc. That would be kinda neat to have started with some alchemy cap, but it's been along time since my shammy was below level 25 =)
        Rinikku - 78th Level Shaman of the Seventh Hammer

- Ding 75! - 6/10/07 -- I WIN!!!
        - Ding 70! - 11/15/06

300 Skill Level in Alchemy + 15% mod
        199 Skill Level in Pottery + 5% mod
        100 Skill Level in Tailoring
        54 Skill Level in Smithing
        54 Skill Level in Baking
        46 Skill Level in Brewing
        Proud Owner of an Alchemist Charm - 10/15/06

Chell - 67th Monk of the 7th Hammer
        253 Skill Level in Brewing + 5% mod

Comment

Originally posted by Unapuma View Post
          Gnomes do start with tinker at 50 until they reach level 16, so maybe its a possibility to have shaman have a fixed cap below level 25? Maybe rogues too?
          You know I remember that you could not do tinkering till 16, I might have been mistaken on this...hmmm. But yes even if we had a cap till level 25 of say your level plus one times 5 like for the other skills or just really open it up. I remember it was a real pain though like your level Minus24 times 5, that is something I would not like to see again...
          Strokker~Fennin Ro
          What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.John Myer~Hellboy 2004

Comment

In fact, that was the "original" Devs-don't-think-there's-a-bug EQ bug Shaman were supposed to go train the first point of Alchemy at 25, but the trainer wouldn't let them do that because it was trying to give 25 points, where their skill cap for level 25 was in fact.... 5. Devs never saw this because they just auto-buffed shaman to 25 and saw they got the skill correctly.
            Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

Working...
            X