How much plat will I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much plat will I need?

I was just trying to find out how much plat I will need to get Alchemy to 300?
    I have a shaman level 24 now and was going to work on Alchemy at 25. I don't want to do alot of farming but will do some with my 73 War.

The answer is blowing on the RNG.... That all depends on your Charisma and skill Wisdom and Intelligence...all sorts of things and luck of the RNG....
    Strokker~Fennin Ro
    What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.John Myer~Hellboy 2004

Comment

For vendor path, I got my shammy up as high as I could go and when I was done with vendoir path I figure the net loss was about 500 or 600 plats. Mind you higher WIS does help so load up on WIS gear. CHA also helps lower vendor price so try for 120 or better.

Beyond the vendor path, it depends on if you do all farming or buying in bazaar. Bazaar route can get fairly expensive.

Grolyn Blacknife
      Beastlord
       T:7
       M:0
       T:6
       M:1
      Fletching:
       M:2
      Zira Blacknife
      Shaman
      Maelin Starpyre
      Vazaelle
      Reiseraa
      Necro
      Research:

Comment

In my experience, 105 CHA is enough to get the best price from Indifferent vendors, which all the usual Alchemy vendors in PoK, Abysmal Sea and Crescent Reach are. And, of course, Shaman have the benefit of being able to buff their own Charisma
        Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

I actually made plat skilling up my shaman's alchemy. (was a pleasant change O.O)
          I stuck to mostly skinspikes and sow potions for the vendor bought part of the skill up path (I think that was 220 been a while) and then farmed deepwater ink, nodding lilliies and the robust and excellent shadow essences because of the drop rates.

Dea

Comment

Up to about 200, it'll cost about 100 pp. At least that's what I spent to break the 200 mark. I did this by also reselling many of the items I made in the bazaar to recoup losses, which has already been figured in.

After you get over 230ish, however, there are no 'vendor only' recipies, which means you're going to have to either do some farming, or pay the extremely overinflated prices in the bazaar for the farmed goods. Last I saw, NBL's were running somewhere around 5pp each. Multiply that by how many thousands of combines to hit 300 and get your GM stick... you do the math.

Comment

5pp geez that is dirt cheap. On Maelin any NBL under 50 is cheap

Grolyn Blacknife
              Beastlord
               M:1
              Fletching:
               M:2
              Zira Blacknife
              Shaman
              Maelin Starpyre
              Vazaelle
              Reiseraa
              Necro
              Research:

Comment

Originally posted by Unapuma View Post
                The 7th hammer is typically the same.... anything under 50p is usually bought up quick.
                Rinikku - 78th Level Shaman of the Seventh Hammer

- Ding 75! - 6/10/07 -- I WIN!!!
                - Ding 70! - 11/15/06

300 Skill Level in Alchemy + 15% mod
                199 Skill Level in Pottery + 5% mod
                100 Skill Level in Tailoring
                54 Skill Level in Smithing
                54 Skill Level in Baking
                46 Skill Level in Brewing
                Proud Owner of an Alchemist Charm - 10/15/06

Chell - 67th Monk of the 7th Hammer
                253 Skill Level in Brewing + 5% mod

Comment

Originally posted by Unapuma View Post
                  D'oh... that was a type, didn't hit the 0 after it... you're right, 50 is the number I was looking for...

Comment

Working...
                  X