Recharging Potions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recharging Potions

Does everyone remember when you could recharge multi-Dose potions by selling them to a merchant and buying them back for a reasonably increased price?

I found a 10 Dose Essence of Gnome which had only a few charges left. The merchant in Guild Hall paid me 600pp for it, and charged me 5k to buy it back.

However, there were no new charges on the potion. Did they remove the ability to recharge potions by this method? Are there any alternatives?

I have a bag full of gnome meat stacks already, so I am prepared to establish a relationship with a Shaman to do the combines for me. Unfortunately, I will probably go through them quickly and would like, if at all possible, to find a means of acquiring them myself (bazaar supply is unreliable).

If you know a trick, advice it is greatly appreciated.

(P.S. I am sorry if this is an old issue, but I recently returned from a very extended break, so a lot has changed)

Tilerin Ne'Verend
    Dark Elf Druid
    Brell Serilis(Cazic-Thule)

That was an exploit and it had been nerfed years ago. Also the potion systems was revamped to stackable single doses to eliminate multi-dose potions so people couldn't sell potion with 1 charge left for lots of money.

Sorry but you got to keep farming gnome meat and making more

If you were on Maelin I would have them done for you, vendor stuff would cost about 50pp per illusion potions.

Grolyn Blacknife
    Beastlord
     T:7
     M:0
     T:6
     M:1
    Fletching:
     M:2
    Zira Blacknife
    Shaman
    Maelin Starpyre
    Vazaelle
    Reiseraa
    Necro
    Research:

Comment

Yea, the major breaking issue which forced them to change it was the clickie rez Vox stick, in the hands of a Monk, it could be used to skip rediculous quantities of content when they put in place the fix. It really isn't useful anymore as the method they used (flop-dragging a Mage's corpse past insane content then rezing him just outside boss chamber and letting him COTH the raid past) got nerfed on any content post-PoP by prohibiting COTH in many areas (such as PoFire past Wall1)

They also nixed multi-charge potions and let potions stack, so it would be pointless these days even if it DID work. Since each potion only has one charge, it goes away completely when used. This was instigated because people were buying (to use an extremely common example) a 10 shot gate potion for 3k, using 9 charges, then selling it back for 2k with one charge left, making you pay 1k for 9 charges, much better deal. To partially compensate, the material components to make 10 gate potions (potion of lesser translocation now) is less costly than the old 10 shot gate potion.

There's been a LOT of changes since you've been gone.

Comment

Working...
      X