Any chance for new recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance for new recipes?

Is there any chance that in some upcoming expansion, the alchemy recipes are tuned a little to include the possibility of drops from newer zones being used in existing recipes? Items like Exceptional Shissar Blood, Robust Shadow Essence, Powder of Ro, Highlands Sludge having an equivelent drops and new recipes created? Not asking that old recipes be done away with, but simply (or not so simply, not sure how it would work) adding a second recipe to be able to create the same item.

This is just a dream of mine, but can't hurt planting a seed to see what may grow from it.

I'd say we'd be more likely to see additions to the existing potions lines with required levels in line with the increased levels. (For example a Clarity XI potion, with required level 70.) But I wouldn't look for those until the next level increase. Of course, I'm just guessing. They might surprise us.
    Last edited by jaegan; 01-24-2007, 11:01 PM. Reason: Edit: Clarity IX would be required level 70, Clarity XII would be 75.

Comment

Ngreth has said there will be pots up to 75 when he gets around to it, so there will be more sometime soon i hope
      "It's a space ship dam it, not a prom limousine! If anyone needs me, i'll be in the angry dome!"~~~Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If there is appropriate level content I will try and add the appropriate drops.

Unfortunately that rarely happens, and the ro stuff will be staying with PoR.

Of course the future holds many possibilities, and many things are possible, there is a "chance" for most anything to happen. but I have no plans at this time.
        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
        Grandmaster Smith 250
        Master Tailor 200
        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
          Of course the future holds many possibilities, and many things are possible, there is a "chance" for most anything to happen. but I have no plans at this time.
          Do you have that hotkeyed?
          Or is that now just part of your sig?
          -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
          try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

do you guys have "chance" as a hotkey?

I mean really... how many times do I have to indicate that using the word "chance" is not the correct way to ask the question for folks to ask "Do you plan" or "Are there plans" or somesuch
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

/chuckle
              sigpic
              Journeyman's Pottery Trophy
              Journeyman's Baker Trophy

Comment

<Hangs head in shame for using "chance">

While I think there are a few items that could use some thought and additional re-tooling, I do like how Alchemy has evolved, and fully expect to keep using it. I appreciate all the thought and time spent by Ngreth and the others on the team that have made this skill what it is. <Round of applause to the team>

Comment

Working...
                X