Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Povar has 0 tradeskill presence.

This kind of annoys me.

In the Povar forum, I posted early yesterday asking people to submit their tradeskill info, and what they can imbue.

27 hours later, and 46 views of the thread, Nobody gives a flying rats behind.

The Povar forum on EQTraders has always been a very under-visited forum. I actually started looking at the forums for other Servers for comparison. Lans and Karana both have AMAZING tradeskill communities that work together to coordinate.

If I had Real money to burn , I would look at selling off my gear, moving to a different server, and finding someone who would trade me a similar amount of plat on my new server for my Povarian Plat.

There are a few people I know from Povar who post occasionally, but both are members of the top 2 guilds on our server, and presumably have better things to do then get involved with the server tradeskill community.

I dont blame them, as their guilds probably demand alot of their time.

But how sad is it I can only think of two people who have posted more then once in the Povar forum? (Both on the old board and the new one)

-Lilosh
    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Im on Povar but I am a Beastlord and dont get the Imbue spells.

Comment

How to get started...

Sometimes it takes someone to jumpstart a server's "Tradeskill Community".

Start by browsing the Bazaar. Look for people who regularly sell various Tradeskill goods and ask if they're interested in joining "the Tradeskill channel".

Once you get a few regulars who always sign in to the Tradeskill channel, it's pretty easy to convince others to do the same.

Xegony has long had a large Tradeskill contingent, but it wasn't until a couple people really started networking that the Tradeskill Community became what it is today.

I'm very proud to have been part of that.
      Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
      Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
      Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
      Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

Angelsyn,

Thats a great Idea. I know of a few tailors and bakers offhand on my friends list. I'll see what I can put together.

Thats the second time in two days you have given me excellent advice!

-Lilosh
        Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Originally posted by Psychosis
          Im on Povar but I am a Beastlord and dont get the Imbue spells.
          Well, hop over to the thread I created in Povars Forum, and list your tradeskills.

Imbues are just a small part of what I am trying to get together.

-Lilosh
          Also, Smalltim

Comment

We also have a tradeskill channel specific to our server, Karana. Its use went down quite a bit when the serverwide one started, but it still comes in handy. You could create a hotkey to toss out every so often, broadcasting the info for how to get into it. You could target it only at tradeskillers or also for customers, whichever you prefer. People who aren't interested in taking the time to deal with forums and such out of the game might be willing to hang out in the channel since it won't take up any potential EQ time.
            Retiree of EQ Traders...
            Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
            Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
            Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
            EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Just remember that on most servers, folks have it set up for tradeskills:tradeskills, so if you go to create the channel and you get a passworded message, it's likely someone has already started up the channel with an autojoin to that channel ...

Other than that, have a bit of patience and faith in your fellow Povarians. It's the middle of a business week, we've moved the durn message boards on them, I had to go LOCK all the old marketplace forums because folks were still posting fresh stuff in there today, and only 1293 of our over 20,000 registered users from the old boards have registered for the new boards yet.

I expect it to take several days before the dust fully settles and folks get used to their new "home".

Comment

Denmom,

I have to agree with Lilosh tho for my server Morell-Thule even on the old boards there was a major lack of people posting. I know I am comming into Trading late in EQ life but I am lovint it and I know there are multiple GM traders on my server but no one posts here. I have even gone to our server board and there is a lack of intrest there as well. I can understand how frustrating it is as I am as far as I can tell the only Yes ONLY Fur Foot Tailor over 200 on my entire server. While I do like that as soon as I can get the cash together to try some BD failures (oops meant combines) It is frustrating as there is no one of my kind to talk to about pricing this stuff.

/rant off

Woodeckt WolfdenGlade Warden of the 65th Circle & 36AA -
                Follower of Karana & Protector of all Living Creatures.Captain Serving Trampers Trade
                The Wolfden Clan

As a Povarian tradeskiller, I agree that the message board traffic is low. I have a partial insight why that is.

Some time ago, someone asked about high-level tailors on the Povar board. I posted the names of the three that I knew about. Later, one of the three asked me in-game to edit the post and remove their name. They were receiving too many in-game tells and wanted more privacy.

Some people prefer privacy and anonymity. I suspect this applies particularily to tradeskillers. Tradeskilling is usually an individual undertaking rather than a social/team undertaking.

Thicket
                  Thicket Tundrabog
                  Heroes Unlimited
                  Povar

Comment

I'm gonna have to agree. My husband is a 200+ tinker and constantly gets bugged for combines. Sometimes when he's not online, people will resort to sending me a tell in order to "leave a message" for him. I think it's more of a privacy issue. As a customer, I would just leave a message on the board here or at a server board that I'm looking for a GM combine and let them contact me if they want my business.

Comment

I think we all have very valid reasons for listing and not listing our information. I was going to get that done last night but ended up with 2 CRs insted. WL (went for a smoke and woke up in PoK, and ME (I cant say how annoying the ME UP run is sometimes with all those see invis Skellys and Bats.

I will get that tonight after the first round of C3 wears off that I got as I was logging for helping a Chanter buff people. (He casts C3 and I cast Spirital Raidance, 14 + 5 = 19 Mana regen who would refuse that)

BTW Sweet sig Pedi.

Comment

I see your points about not wanting to be bothered.

I just like the idea of a local community of tradeskillers, doing combines for each other if need be, or holding on to spare Morning Dew/Hero Parts/Hoppe Hides to give each other, or at least cut the price down a little.

Even if its just know who to run to when I want to pay retail for an Acrylia Cloak or somesuch. (Just an example. I already have one)

I have been asking a few people in game to come here and post their info.. Here's hoping.

-Lilosh
                        Also, Smalltim

Comment

I have a feeling that once you get enough people active, those who are concerned about an added burden will find that the benefits outweigh the cost. I do invest a great deal of time in tradeskills right now, at least as much as I do in hunting, even though I'm done improving my skills for now. But in exchange for that time I get very hefty discounts on some really nice items, free or very cheap combines, early dibs on supplies up for grabs, referrals of customers.... And best of all I get a whole nother set of friends. It's like a second, more loosely formed guild. Without them it'd be a lonelier, much less interesting and friendly game. Spending time helping my fellow craftspersons is every bit as fun to me as hunting is, and far more fun than the exp grind.

When you're just starting out it'll be an extra burden on the few people who are participating, but if they stick with it more people will join up and the burden will gradually come into balance with the benefits as you get multiple people who can offer the same things.
                          Retiree of EQ Traders...
                          Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
                          Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
                          Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
                          EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

I also can understand the I do not want to be bothered constantly but the way a friend and I do it is if he is anon I just send a hello how are you and that is it if he is in roleplay or normal he has time to do some JC combines or is LFG. I have started doing the same thing if I am out XPing then I am ANON so my friends know I am not doing trades.

Woodeckt WolfdenGlade Warden of the 65th Circle & 36AA -
                            Follower of Karana & Protector of all Living Creatures.Captain Serving Trampers Trade
                            The Wolfden Clan

<---plays on Povar.

I think it's more of a privacy issue. As a customer, I would just leave a message on the board here or at a server board that I'm looking for a GM combine and let them contact me if they want my business.
                              Bingo Pedi Bingo.

Not that I don't want to support the community here; I love helping people. Between raiding, exping, raiding, helping guildies with their trade skill needs, some more raiding, trying to advance my other trades - doesn't leave a whole lot of *free* time. However, when I see somebody asking for help, I try to help when able.

You (Lilosh) have lots of gusto. An admiral quality. On the old MB, Povar has always been behind the post count unlike other servers. Don't let the lack of support get you down.

Chin up and hold strong!

Comment

Working...
                              X