Seethe Seethe Seethe Seethe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seethe Seethe Seethe Seethe

I hate them all with an implacable, seething hatred. :evil: I want to go home and deal with something rational, like the RNG, or the Guards in South Qeynos who don't like my Ogre even after he's been the scourge of Blackburrow for the past week.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Lilosh, you know who I mean.

:evil:

RAAAARRRAAARRGGGGGHHH!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now. Sorry to bother you all.
    "You mustn't do that, it's Evil!"
    "Then how do I save the world?"
    "Courage! Honor! Faith! Nobility!"
    "But I haven't GOT any of those!"

Its ok, they dont know any better.

I just wish they would all leave me the heck alone.

I go home at night, and I dont speak a word. I turn off my computer sound sometimes, and just enjoy the silence

-Lilosh
    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

And my family and friends wonder why I don't answer the phone.

I tell them to be grateful I still have a working phone instead of a broken quisinart.

RING, RING, R.....VROOOOOMMMM!!

Silence is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I don't turn down the sound, I like the screams of pain and anguish.

In fact, I often imagine that if I were allowed to beat on them, they'd sound a lot like a Gnoll receiving beatdown.

At the same time, I flinch when the phone rings at home.

I wonder what they'd do if I changed the hold music to Michael Jackson's leave me alone?

Comment

I think the only way I got through my one and only phone tech support job was by listening to the interesting messages that went to voice mail. Silly people should learn not to leave their speakphones on when going to voice mail. You get to listen to many strange and ... interesting conversations that way.
          Dechtire, Tank Druid

Wandering aimlessly about on The Nameless Server

Comment

I saw your sig and thought it said "Tech Druid"

And now I'm thinking of my Druish friend Myrmidel's look - all black-jumpsuit with metallic boots and gloves, looks very VR-ish.

Anywho, the way I get through my day is thinking of the wild weird wacky folks who are WAY too grateful, cheerful, or intoxicated, and offer excessive thanks (such as offers to bear children, or at least practice at the production of same) upon successful resolution of their problems.

Those REALLY amuse me.

Comment

Bleah...
              It can be just as bad on the other end. At least I can hang up on people, though. The other night, I had a phone conversation with someone (I'm fairly certain from some company) that went something like this:
              Them - "Hello. Is so-and-so there?"
              Me - "I'm sorry. No one with that name lives here."
              T- "Is this (recites my phone number)?"
              M- "Yes it is."
              T- "Is so-and-so there?"
              M- "I'm sorry. No one with that name lives here."
              T- "Is this (recites my phone number)?"
              M- "Yes it is."
              T- "Is so-and-so there?"
              M- "I already told you there's no one here with that name."
              T- "Is thi-"
              M- "Bye."
              *click*

Comment

No, Im sorry.

It can not POSSIBLY be as bad on the other end

1) You have to deal with one of us. We have to deal with 30-50 of you each day.

2) You can hang up on us. We get fired if we do the same.

3) Did I mention we have to deal with 30-50 of you each day? And that 95% of those make us want to tear our hair out. *cry*

Broken,
                -Lilosh
                Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Heh, the ones with the really stupid questions, I put them on hold for 5 minutes or so. Sometimes they actually think about what they are asking me, and figure out the problem for themselves. It's amazing how folks can actually think when they aren't immediately spoon-fed an answer.

Kakar
                  Kakar Smakar
                  Knight of Drinal
                  Dwarf with clumsy hands and can't make anything except an empty beer mug...

Comment

Originally posted by KakarSmakar
                    Sometimes they actually think about what they are asking me, and figure out the problem for themselves.
                    And sometimes, they ..errmm... Bork.... things up even worse.

I had a different word, but it wasnt nice.

-Lilosh

(And for the record, I would like it noted that *I* didnt start the first tech-support rant! hah!)
                    Also, Smalltim

Comment

It's debatable which is worse.

The ones who admit to knowing nothing and expect to have us fix it.
                      The ones who think they know what they're doing and don't call until after it's FUBAR.

Personally, I kinda like the first ones now. They're quick fixes and don't normally hassle me about other things while I'm fixing it. Course that's now that I do deskside support, I hated both equally when I did phone support.
                      Huntress Jannelle Silverthorne
                      Forest Stalker of Ashborne (Karana)

Comment

I was "lucky". My one stint with tech support was for a university library system. While I earned only a (low end) secretary's wages for doing all hardware support, software support, user support, installations, upgrades, etc., I was a goddess in their eyes. {impgrin}

The guy who had the job before me (who moved on to become the network admin for their network) had NO people skills, so when I came on the scene and was willing to hand-hold several dozen massively computer-phobic librarians (and take away their dumb terminals and replace them with very feared networked PCs) without insulting them and making them feel stupid, they loved me to pieces.

I may have needed TWO extra jobs on the side to make ends meet, but I was happily showered in chocolate for doing the simplest of things.

(Including resisting the urge to scream at the Science librarian, of all people, for calling in not once, but THREE times in the same week because her printer wasn't working. The first time I hiked across campus, plugged in the printer and trekked back to my office. The second and third time, I simply gently asked her if it was plugged in, and let her go from there.)

Comment

I develop and support SCADA software...I could add sooooo many stories of idiotic problems here, lol.

The most fun I've had is when I got a call from a Canadian brewery with a guy asking me why his bottles were jamming, popping out and smashing on the floor...had absolutely nothing to do with the control software, but he was 100% sure it did.

Talk about alcohol abuse though

Exarch Laearya Lifeblood
                          65th Tunarean Archon of Sol Invictus

Bhadgar - Level 46 Rallos Zek Warrior
                          Trinkets
                          20th Gnomish Enchanter
                          ~ Premiere Grandmaster Tinkerer ~ <250>
                          The Tribunal

Comment

Originally posted by KennyCelican

I saw your sig and thought it said "Tech Druid"

And now I'm thinking of my Druish friend Myrmidel's look - all black-jumpsuit with metallic boots and gloves, looks very VR-ish.
                            Heehee. I'm that too.

Gotta get me som nifty Black gear. My leather look is so outdated.
                            Dechtire, Tank Druid

Wandering aimlessly about on The Nameless Server

Comment

Ooo, can I tell you guys one of my tech support stories please?

One Friday afternoon I am working the Helpdesk cause everyone else in the department is having a day off. And being a Friday it is more or less quiet. I get a call from one of the Engineers in the R&D department that he is having some computer problems and I need to go see him. I told him that I had a couple other people to see before him and I would be there in about a half hour.

So I put the Helpdesk phone on voicemail and head out on my rounds. Well given the nature of technical support the half hour ended up being an hour and a half. So I walk up to his cubicle and stop in shocked amazement. There scattered all over the floor is his computer, seperated into ALL its various parts. I ask him what he was doing disassembling his computer. He told me that since I was late he thought if he took it all apart he could figure out what was wrong himself.

I just walked away cause I didn't know if I wanted to fall down laughing, or crying. I just went back to my office, told my boss what had happened and stayed there for an hour hiding from all the users.

Oh they are a scarry lot.
                              Come on guys, one more pull. What is the worst that could happen?

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT ...

Arch Lich Mortymer Bonewalker - Dead Sexy Gnome Necro
                              Raid Leader - Obsidian Ryders
                              Xegony

Comment

Working...
                              X