No announcement yet.

What happened to the locig in research?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the locig in research?

One of the main points of the then new research was the logic. The ability to to basically deduct spell material based on their purpose, resist stat and similar.

So once more I tried to follow that, my aim:

Bark at the Moon Rk.II

So I took a look at the forerunner spell, Bestial Empathy and came to the conclusion that I would only need to upgrade the parchment/paper.

Quill of the Feral Lord
    Ink Additive of the Nameless
    Conjuring Thickener
    Ink of the Companion
    Ink of Pain
    Fine Runic Paper

Result: You can not combine...

Retry with 2-4 ink of Pain due to the possibility to get more pets.

You can not combine...
    Last edited by Taomiel; 12-14-2009, 01:20 AM. Reason: wrong spell name

Try another Ink of the Companion to cover the additional chance of the second tier pet being summoned?

So many recipes I cannot experiment with until my computer comes back from the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerius View Post
      Try another Ink of the Companion to cover the additional chance of the second tier pet being summoned?

So many recipes I cannot experiment with until my computer comes back from the shop.
      Good idea, did as suggested:

Does not combine with

1-4 (max 4 pets) Ink of the Companion.

Comment

their was logic in reserch ?

Comment

Originally posted by scyt View Post
          their was logic in reserch ?
          Yes I like the new research system quite a lot, if it would keep to its own rules!

Comment

While there are certainly a few irregularities in systemic spell research, overall the system is extremely intuitive. Generally, I have been able to crank out most any combines provided I know exactly what the spell does and specifically how the spell works. Having detailed knowledge of the spell mechanic is the challenge more often than not.

The entire system represents logic worlds beyond the previous system, which was nothing more than random combines of miscellaneous words, pages, runes, and other oddities. None of it made a lick of sense -- and I maxed out old school research to 227 way back when actual spell combines were the only option for skill-ups, period. None of this binding powder or ribbon cutting business. Pfft.
            Last edited by Tobynn; 12-14-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Yes, but

Yes Tobynn I basically agree, which makes the apparently botched recipes the more frustrating.
              I say apparently because I might have overlooked something, but I can not really find it at the present time.
              This spell is just an upgrade to the DoDH version, which I researched successfully. But this one does not work despite variations.

Comment

With literally thousands of recipes and limited staff, I'm more than willing to overlook the very few recipes that may not follow the rules exactly. That said, if I get some time I'll try a few stabs at guessing the recipe.

Comment

Try this ;-)

Quill of the Feral Lord
                  Ink of Pain
                  Ink of the Companion X2
                  Ink of Zek X2
                  Ink Additive of the Nameless
                  Conjuring Thickener
                  Fine Runic Paper

Trivial (418)

Hope that helps

Comment