Curse You Soe!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse You Soe!!!

thank you VERY LITTLE for nerfing the piss out of porous loam drops... I just spent 300K due to COMPLETELY RETARDED nerfing of drops to FAIL at an elegant chest combine. all the nerfing did was make sure plat farmers stay rich, high end guilds/players stay that way and the rest of us get SCREWED as usual...[insult removed]!!!

Please familiarize yourself with the rules. Name calling - even at SOE - is not permitted on these forums. I understand you are frustrated, but please be respectful. Thanks! - Cantatus
    Last edited by Cantatus; 12-29-2007, 11:32 PM. Reason: Rant moved to PSR.

I got 3 the other night. Tough luck kid. /shrug
    Rawckett Launcher
    79 Gnome Wizard of Sol Ro / Bristlebane
    300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

I fell your pain. I think we're both on Maelin and they tend to be on the expensive side for cultural drops. What we've been doing is having desperate people buy their own loam/marrow/fluid and charging for combines. We also have a buyer up with a set price range in mind and stick to it. We've gotten lucky and managed about 9 loam for under 175K each in the past 2 weeks. Personally there is a big discrepancy with the new armor levels and current max skill. I AM NOT SAYING WE NEED A CAP INCREASE (please no!) but the failure rates on this stuff due to superduper high trivials is frustrating, at the same time SOE couldn't just keep the trivial the same as Elegant. It was/is a hard balance that at least for now isn't worth it to stock up on.
      Heynanni Majere
      Barbarian Beastlady of Maelin Starpyre- 300 brewing, 300! tailoring, 300 smihing, and 200 everything else

Marvy Lous- drakkin SK 300 smithing+smithing charm
      Jeign- 300 medicine stick'd alchemist+alchemist charm
      Heyarcher Forageur- 275 wood elf fletcher
      Dott- 300 Tailoring +tailor charm and ugly Bolt
      Shaleste- drakkin ranger 300 tailoring with ugly Bolt (did I mention that darn trophy is ugly?)
      Lilnastie- 300 tinker

Comment

Originally posted by Heynanni View Post
        I fell your pain. I think we're both on Maelin and they tend to be on the expensive side for cultural drops. What we've been doing is having desperate people buy their own loam/marrow/fluid and charging for combines. We also have a buyer up with a set price range in mind and stick to it. We've gotten lucky and managed about 9 loam for under 175K each in the past 2 weeks. Personally there is a big discrepancy with the new armor levels and current max skill. I AM NOT SAYING WE NEED A CAP INCREASE (please no!) but the failure rates on this stuff due to superduper high trivials is frustrating, at the same time SOE couldn't just keep the trivial the same as Elegant. It was/is a hard balance that at least for now isn't worth it to stock up on.
        I will take "superduper high trivials" over hardcoded success caps any day.
        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

You may correct me if I am wrong. It is my understanding that many people complained about the uberness of the new cultural stuff. This is why the drop rates where lowered. These were raid players that were unhappy that they new trade skill stuff was more uber then the gear they had raided long and hard for.

With that in mind, I have two things I would like to point out. First, those of us that have trade skills high enough to make this stuff have worked long and hard too. Aside from the long hours of farming, the large amounts of plat spent, and the frustration of fails, we also have to fight to get the patterns and the drops(I HATE THE IMPRESSIONS). Second, for those that feel the stuff is not as good as the raid gear....get your guild to the new raiding zones and then compare. Don't look at the stuff you got in Omens of War, or even the stuff from anguish. The newer raid stuff is far more uber then anything I can put together with my needle and thread.

People still want to complain about it, then ask for a level playing field, make the items no drop, just like the raid gear. JUST MAKE THEM DROP MORE. Lowering the drop rates only increases the bazaar prices. And oh look...more folks are going to buy plat.

Comment

Originally posted by willimena View Post
            You may correct me if I am wrong. It is my understanding that many people complained about the uberness of the new cultural stuff. This is why the drop rates where lowered. These were raid players that were unhappy that they new trade skill stuff was more uber then the gear they had raided long and hard for.
            I don't think that's absolutely correct. Some people complained about the uberness of the cultural stuff, and that caused the Devs go to back and take another look at them, and that's when they determined things were more powerful than they wanted, and will likely result in a change to the statistics.

However, with respect to the drop rate, I believe this is something that is continually monitored to ensure things are coming into the world at the expected rate. They clearly were not, which is why the drop rate was lowered.

The drop rates would almost certinaly been addressed even without the complaints about the uberness of the armor.

Comment

The problem is that the drop rates are too low atm. There has been no porous loam for sale in the bazaar on AB for days now. This could be because the barter price has gone up to 300-350k and people are selling straight to them though.

But did SoE really want cultural gear to cost >600k/per piece? (thats assuming a 50% success rate). I was really pleased that SoE opened a non-raiding route to get decent gear however, it seems the only people that can afford elegant gear now are mostly plat buyers.

I have managed to make myself a bp, helm and bracer and managed to buy the 7 loams needed by making and selling AAAA's. But each time I bought a loam at ridiculous prices, it left a bitter taste in my mouth! (I also felt very guilty charging so much for the AAAA's, but it was either that or give into the "buy-my-plat" advertisers).

I am hoping the drop rate will be re-visited and looked at objectively with the "nerf non-raid gear" cries being ignored.

Comment

Considering the nerf plans on this, I'd hope they increase the drop rate.
                We had 16 person mini-raid in Steamfactory doing the foundry worker room for 3 hours, and not a single drop of the rare items.
                My server current prices are 325-400k to buy the rare part and attempt a combine. Or pay 600-800k for finished pieces.

Comment

Working...
                X