Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there a warning on Research changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there a warning on Research changes?

Are all my runes, pages, and torn pages vendor trash now? If so, was there any warning (e.g. like DoN changes). I did see that there was going to be future changes to research, but are all my research items worthless?

Also, related to research changes, can I still make swatches for cultural tailoring (e.g. Misery Scried Swatch)? I assume that my stock of Words of Misery are now vendor trash

If so, was there any warning
    Yes for months

can I still make swatches for cultural tailoring
    AFAIK, yes, Ngreth left those in tact.
    Oniuyen Dipp
    69th magi of the Test Server
    232 spell research

Comment

update on swatches

The Spell Research Book must now be used for tailoring swatches (must also relearn). The only swatch I'm now having trouble with is the Mana Scribed Swatch which uses Sali's pg. 90 right, which is only researched from Faded Sali's. The Faded Sali's I tried were DNC, so I'm not sure this swatch is now posssble.

I was expecting something along the lines of:

"With the release of SoF we will be revamping the Spell Research for all spells level 60 and below. They will use new components, so if you have any old research components we suggest you use before SoF release."

Perhaps there is a thread along those lines, but I missed it.

Comment

Try reading into this thread for answers...

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=29958
        Oniuyen Dipp
        69th magi of the Test Server
        232 spell research

Comment

Originally posted by adrift View Post
          The Spell Research Book must now be used for tailoring swatches (must also relearn). The only swatch I'm now having trouble with is the Mana Scribed Swatch which uses Sali's pg. 90 right, which is only researched from Faded Sali's. The Faded Sali's I tried were DNC, so I'm not sure this swatch is now posssble.

I was expecting something along the lines of:

"With the release of SoF we will be revamping the Spell Research for all spells level 60 and below. They will use new components, so if you have any old research components we suggest you use before SoF release."

Perhaps there is a thread along those lines, but I missed it.
          hrm. Ok. I will need to check on that. I may activate that page conversion in the spell research kit. Send a /bug about it also.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Working...
          X