Grrr... Spiderlings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrr... Spiderlings!

Alright, a long time ago, in an EQ far, far away...

There were actually spiderling silks on spiderlings!!! ARGH!!! Now I get Spiderling Flesh, Spiderling legs, Prestine Spiderling Silk, Black Spiderling silk, blah blah blah blah BLAH!

What the heck happened to normal spiderling silk? I'm trying to farm up/save up some leather padding, and now have a couple stacks of pelts in the bank, and can't find squat for spiderling silk! I've merchant mined every newbie zone, and some not so newbie zones hoping to find some, and check the bazaar of course. Almost nothing, and in the bazaar, 15pp per SILK! That's not even for a thread, that's just for the silk! Hell no!

So, I go killing every spiderling in EC (and all the other newbie mobs to help them spawn), then in Innothul, etc. etc. etc... They almost never drop!

Drives me nuts! I love the newbie armor quests, and thought they were a good addition, but with all the new items crowding the drop tables, I'm ready to scream!

Thank you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Primal Screams.
    Balkin Ironfist (Ominous Deeds)
    56th Myrmidon of Brell Serilis
    Xegony

"Every day of my life forces me to lower my estimate of the average IQ of the Human Race."

You may be hunting in the wrong zone. I've never heard of any of those drops before, but if you just want spiderling silks, come on over to Field of Bone (watch for the newbie guards).

From the 'newbie ramp' it's one more ramp up towards Kurns, then turn off and go up to the forest. Check the hills, one of them will have a little hole you can go down. Down there is where many spiderlings spawn that drop nothing but silks, the occasional leg, and sometimes an eye.

Happy Hunting!

Comment

OMG!

/drool

I'm SO going to try that out!

Thanks!
      Balkin Ironfist (Ominous Deeds)
      56th Myrmidon of Brell Serilis
      Xegony

"Every day of my life forces me to lower my estimate of the average IQ of the Human Race."

Comment

Slight correction... if you go to eqatlas (another wonderful EQ resource) it'll be labeled C on the FoB map. It's the second, not the first ramp from newbie lift towards kurns.

Comment

heh ... I used to HATE farming spiderling silks in FoB, the drops rates were the worst of any of the newbie zones I'd tried, and the long respawn made it a bit boring. Nowadays, with the revamps to the alternatives, it might actually be the best place left

Comment

*cough*shadeling silk & LQ hopper hides*cough*
            Itzena Alhazared, Revenant of {Planeteers}, Vallon Zek. And also a seamstress.
            Gelcea Macha, Wandering Animist of Tarew Marr. Will be a smith, one day.

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

*cough* ae sharvhal pit *cough*

Maker of Picnics.
              Cooker of things best left unidentified.
              "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

I remember spending hour farming spiderling and spider silk and gave a lot of it to my bf. From my expierince there are two good ways to farm this stuff ae or make a new low lvl character and if you do tradeskills prefferbly something that can forage. I think wood elves and iskar have the racial ability of forage. Good luck!
                Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

Comment

that's exactly what I'm currently doing,leveling a wood elf druid in FoB to gather some silks and forage some Lichenclover

Comment

lv 9 necro in sadeweavers. hq rockhopper hides and everything else is padding.

Maker of Picnics.
                    "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Ya, I do rockhopper & shadeling when I'm actively farming ... but when there are stacks of LQ+ wolf/bear/cat pelts sitting on a vender ultra cheap (beit an NPC or PC), its really hard to pass up ... and that leads to a need for spiderling silks :P

Comment

LOL. I'm in the same position. I've got about 12 STACKS of LQ cat, bear, and wolf pelts saved up from several months of vendor mining. Which means I need 24 stacks of spiderling (not shadeling) silk to make it all into padding.

Sometimes I think I'm nuts. ... Did I just say that out loud?
                        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane
                          Sometimes I think I'm nuts. ... Did I just say that out loud?
                          We don't think, hon. We know.
                          Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
                          EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

Ah, thankee. It looks like I'm in good company, then.
                            Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                            Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                            Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                            Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

ever ae kerra isle then? lots get stuck in the volcano and are and easy ae to kill them all.

Maker of Picnics.

Comment

Working...
                              X