Cast / Looting Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast / Looting Bug

This has been happening for about a week now. All of a sudden i can not cast or loot. No idea why this happening. It feels like every fifteen mins I have to camp/zone to resolve the issue. Even tryed the text commands such as "/loot" and "/cast 5". No luck.

Someone told me a quick fix for the casting issue. Simply cast a spell from a AA skill, and duck half way through. Thats a hassel and still dose not help me with the loot portion.

Now while farming green cons this can be a real pain. Especially since every time zone/camp, I am forced to go through the shaman dogdog equiping/buffing ritual.

Hopefullly this get fixed on thursday, but im not betting on it.

It's happened to me every once in a while, like maybe once a week. But it usually resolves itself within 10-20 seconds...usually. Course, that can be the difference between life and death sometimes.

There's some discussion of it on the Tech Support Boards so presumably the Powers That Be are aware, although a /bug certainly wouldn't hurt. There's at least one report there that switching to the default UI fixes it, although some folks say that strips your pet of buffs.
    Retiree of EQ Traders...
    Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
    Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
    Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
    EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

I got this the other evening. Was LFG for LDoN in South Ro. While I was waiting I was running around the desert killing tarantulas for silk. My ability to loot/cast would go away so I would end up having to zone to have it fixed. Happen 3 times in one day, then hasn't happened since. I /bugged it of course.
      Stugein
      66 Grave Lord of Innoruuk
      Fennin Ro

Why did the ranger cross the road?
      Because the chicken had him at 10%.

Comment

That has happened to me too a few times. The first time I was main healer in a group and my tank died because I couldn't get the heal out. I thought a key on my keyboard somewhere was stuck, but now I guess I can see it wasn't. It happened a few other times, but thinking I still had a stuck key somewhere, I slammed down Exodus so no one died. Replacing a keyboard would be faster and easier to fix, so I kinda wish it was that now

Comment

Solo this is a major pain as you either wait for the associated corpse to poof or zone/camp or do aa trick.

In a group it is not so bad, just have to have someone else loot corpses to free you up. Strangely enough last night though I got hung up from a bugged player corpse. No idea how it even happens.

Shere Khaan

Comment

Another temporary fix is to reload your UI, it sometimes work and you dont need to camp. The problem is that reloading ui take some time, and sometimes you dont have this time....
            Baroness Dahna Siteris Tanja Roh, retired lonewolf of Saryrn
            Exarch Aurorya Illuminescence, proud member of Blood&Guts from Torvonnilus
            Apprentice fisher

Comment

This happens to me at least 2 times a day. There is a bug, I haven't bugged it. I don't have a custom UI so I don't know where the problem lies *shrug*. Just have to camp out and back in...tis a pain in the rear. Have 2 other friends I play with that do the same thing. Will /bug it next time I'm playing.
              56 Monk Terris-Thule
              My http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=612940Magelo

Comment

I use the default UI, and it still happens to me all the time :P

Comment

Got hit with this bug yesterday.

It is a real pain even more so that when it happened i got aggro from 2 rockhoppers and had to run.

Zoning seemed to fix it but next kill got bugged again (nearly cost me a Superb hide).

I did /bug it at the time.

Comment

I believe this is a side effect bug attached to the fix on people using macro's to profiteer from tradeskill combines.

Basically, if you move at all while looting a corpse, your commands get locked as if you are still looting. The same goes for it you are looting and a mob summons you, or anything else.

The only fix I know of is don't move while looting a corpse
                    Sianni
                    Wreckers

Comment

Anyone have this bug since the Dec. 19th patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Verdandi There's at least one report there that switching to the default UI fixes it, although some folks say that strips your pet of buffs.
                        Switching to any UI (including the one you're already using) does seem to fix it - from my own experience and what I've heard from others.

Anyone have this bug since the Dec. 19th patch?
                        Had it this afternoon while farming Beholder's - looting a muddite corpse, was in melee range of the one my pet was fighting so it turned its attention on me, I moved out of the way while looting and then couldn't do much else. /loadskin'd my UI again, and everything worked again, although my pet was debuffed and at half health (although the health might have been from combat while the UI was reloading).

Comment

Happened to me, twice in BoT lightning, on 12-21-03.

I am a cleric, and it cost me 2 group members first time, 1 member the second time. After that I stopped MLing.
                          Marinoni Oakenshield
                          Stand, Cheal, Sit, Repeat.
                          Stuff I picked off a Bloody Corpse
                          Proud Member of Sojourners

Comment

Haven't had this bug in a few patches but I was farming a lot when it hit.

Only bug that's ever made me want to quit right then and there.
                            --"Captain" Antoin Nolouj
                            59th Dark Knight, Absolved
                            Firiona Vie

((DISCLAIMER: If I say something's tradeable, please don't tell me I'm wrong.))

Comment

Working...
                            X