Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good, The Bad, and The Great

The Bad:
    8 hours of camping drunken pirates in Dulaks for an Empty Flask for my shammy's Stoicism spell.

The Good:
    After 4 hours soloing pirates, my shammy is almost ready to ding 44. Soloing is slow though so I log my warrior and get a cleric friend to help (both 56). After another 4 hours of slaughtering the obvisously not so drunk pirate, the flask drops. I log on my shammy loot it do the turn-in, kill Flotsem and Jetseum and ta-da got my spell.

The Great:

Decide to take my shammy to my favorite solo grounds near sleepers tomb in EW to hit 44 so i can use my new spell. I love soloing here since its quiet and easy to pull singles. Plus the mammoth meat is handy for making pies and the occasional snow griffon wanders by. On this day 2 griffons come my way, kill em both and holy cow 2 eggs (and ding 44). Run to Thurg, whip up a souffle, grab the other items from my bank and bam I have my 3rd shawl. I also just happened to have all the items to make a Vial of Veluim Vapors so 45 minutes later (after getting to try out my great new healing spell thanks to a couple Death Squads) I am proudly wearing my 4th shawl.

After such a long and painful camp (for a lvl 44 spell at that) it just felt great to have completed 2 shawls when i wasen't even planning to work on it.
    Nuldaas Verdugo
    60th lvl cuisinart of Tunare

Dubius Bufeslot
    51st lvl furry shammy
    Morell-Thule

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!

that reminds me... i've been carrying around that dumb vial for nearly a month... need to go find a hidden dwarf so i can start camping velks. ugh, heh.

-- Sanna
    /hugs !!!!!!!!
    Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
    Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
    Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
    Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
    [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
    Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

Not sure if this counts as a hack (and thus against EQTC rules) BUT the EASIEST way to find out where either Tain or the Death Squad is, is to find a good friend of yours who plays a pet class. Have their pet sit and run to where he points. The pet will face the nearest mob when they are told to sit. Keep doing this until it pops wither Tain or the death squad. Lather, Rinse, Repeat until you get Tain. This saved me LOTS of time running around in circles!

Comment

Using a pet is not a hack and is highly recommended by pretty much everyone I loved my snow bunny pet!

Magelo

Comment

To make things even easier, get a non-kos pet class (ogre SK Inny worshipper comes to mind, if they never have killed any FGs). If the death squad pops, the SK looks at them, they blink back, and eventually despawn. Just make sure he doesn't kill the dwarf.

--Myrron
          Myrron Lifewarder, <Celestial Navigators>, Retired

Grandmaster Tailor ( 250 ) Master Brewer ( 200 ) Master Fletcher ( 200 ) Master Jewelcrafter ( 200 ) Master Smith ( 200 ) Master Baker ( 191 ) Master Potter ( 190 )

Comment

I likek a combo of pet and nodrop item method. Took about 5 minutes of work to grab him

For those who dont know: Get a nodrop item on our cursor after you told your pet to guard. Then clicky like mad all over until youget hte message "You are too far away from Stupid Dorf to trade" then go and run over spot until he pops.

Comment

Took me about the same amount of time total in 3 sessions to get my empty flask. The only thing worse than that was getting the Gunthak Water for Blood of Nadox. Finally, I hooked up with a Paladin and Cleric friend, and the cleric AoEed about half the mobs around the fort, and we got 3 vials after doing that twice.

Gratz on the spell and the shawls.

Member of Resolution of Erolissi Marr
              Magelo Profile

Comment

Working...
              X