Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying thanks...and a quote from Lilosh

Lilosh said;
    For every one appriciative "Thanks, you just helped a lot!", you get 4 people who don't respond, or yell at you, or take up the next hour of your life.
    Snagged that out of the "No one in particular thread".

The above drives me insane...

/ooc Can someone link X item. I link it and no comment from the person at all.

/ooc Can someone come and Rez me at X zone. I send a tell, nothing nada.

/ooc Can someone tell me how to get to X. I /ooc instructions, no feedback from the person.

I mean it takes 5seconds to go thanks for stopping whatever you were doing and linking that.

Or thanks for the offer of Rez, but I am good now (after about 100 of these I just don't offer ppl anymore).

Or the classic can you tell me how to get to X/make X etc, and then start questioning me.

Because you know that to get to Wakening Lands you MUST go via Sirens Grotto which you believe connects to it, and me taking you to Skyshine is obviously wrong, then why did you ask me in the first place....

Or when I do guide you to X place, you decide to go a) AFK for 10mins or b) Decide to suddenly not follow me and go another way...

I would even accept a short tks in place of a Thanks. Its just simple politeness, thats all I am asking for....

I am sure you guys have some nice tales out there

One time I ran halfway across the world to rez someone because I was bored, refused his donation and then got yelled at for gating out without buffing him...

Qutie!

Comment

Hehe...

I've given up on "thanks" for minor things. People seem to EXPECT that the questions they ask in /ooc are answered instantly.

Doof: what's /loc of book
      (about a minute goes by)
      (another minute)

I said it just to get the spam to stop.

No, I do "random acts of kindness" when I feel like and glory in what little thanks I get.

Running to Rivervale to fish (cause I was bored and gonna log out in less than an hour. fishing, begging and Alcohol Tolerance are my only remaining skills I want to max) I came upon a low level halfling druid. Smacking a spiderling/fire beetle.

Open book.
      Clarity
      Insight (wis buff)
      Gift of Magic (mana pool)
      Intellectual Superiority (fizzle buff)
      Shadow (ac buff, stacks with skins)
      Augmentation (ac, haste, stamin-regen buff)

The druid says Hi and starts to run away. (I'm a dark elf.)

I chase after and Hail repeatedly till they stop.

Buff, buff, buff, buff....

They were overjoyed. I just replied I have a soft spot for halfling druids, since my alt and my wife (real life and in game) are.

Made that player's day. And mine.
      In My (Not Always) Humble Opinion, except where I quote someone. If I don't know I say so.
      I suck at this game, your mileage WILL vary. My path is probably NON-optimal.
      Private Messages attended to promptly.

Comment

Yeah, I feel your pain. I had a guy bug me for 5 minutes in tells begging me to port him to EJ. "Plz. I'll wait til ur done. I'll donate. Whatever. Just plz take me to EJ." Ok, fine. I tell him to meet me in WC (he was in Freeport), port over, pick him up, SoW him and port to EJ. And he just runs off. No thank you. Nothing. I wasn't expecting a donation, and would have refused it if it was offered, but I *DO* expect a thank you when I go that far out of my way for someone. So I sent him a tell of "You're welcome, despite the fact that you were obviously raised in a barn and can't even bother to say Thank You when someone does you a favor. Welcome to /ignore." I hate rude people.
        Idara Inari - nosy woodelf druid addicted to tradeskills
        Baking 250, Brewing 250, Fishing 200, Pottery 224, Smithing 179, Jewelcraft 120, Tailoring 171, Fletching 167

Comment

This one just sent me right off my chair.

Had my 45 DE SK in OT, still clobbering succulents for clovers and working on 1hs with his new toy. I have a skelly pet up as well.

A warrior comes in, low 30's, starts spamming the zone in shout for a group.

Finally, he runs up to me and inspects me about 8 times. I personally don't like being inspected, but I live with it. Of course, I'm in the midst of a fight while he's doing it also. He then asks, "can u heal me?"

I wasn't about to stop fighting for that nonsense. When I finished, he inspected me again. I backed a good distance away from him and parked right under the nice cliff golem to med.

Next thing I see in shout...."This zone sucks!"

HAHAHAHA! Man, if he had stuck around and quit inspecting me I could have given him those l33t SK heals!!
          Grenoble
          Iksar Shaman

Laedria
          DE Wizardess and Nuker Extroardinaire

Comment

Pah

In the interests of nurturing a culture of nice behaviour on Fennin, I no longer buff or port people who don't say 'please'.

If I'm in a good mood a 'plz' will just about do.

My boyfriend goes as far as to say 'no, because you didn't say please'. They say 'please', and he says 'too late now'.
            Tailoring - 250 (Zillia 225)
            Brewing - 250 (Zillia 250)
            Baking - 250 (Zillia 250)
            Blacksmithing - 218 (Zillia 225)
            Fishing - 200
            Fletching - 200 (Zillia 235)
            Pottery - 198 (Zillia 227)
            Jewelcraft - 195 (Zillia 250)
            Thread-killing - 250

Comment

I'm starting to feel casters' frustrations. Being a Rogue, I don't get the opprotunity to be thanked for buffing etc.. (well, now I do since I have my Mrylokar's armguards and lozi shell boots).

But, I do get nasty tells when I refuse to heal, buff, SOW, port, Rez, eh, you get the picture. I don't know how you guys do it, but I do appreciate it when I receive them and I do thank people, even if I shelled out 100PP for a KEI (for TS) I still say thank you.

I'll also admit, in a vicious fight, its hard for me to type out "/g thnk you" while also trying to juggle 3-5 hot keys, but I do try to get out at least a "TY".

If I'm soloing and some random caster runs by me and gives me some buffs, no matter how minor, I try to send them a tell thanking them, and if I don't know who did it, I will use /ooc or /shout to thank them.

Wgeb I ask for a rez (which is very rare) I will amost always insist on paying. If a guildie rez'es me (unless I died because of them) they usualy won't take the pay, I'll try to make a donation. I'm also bound to an oath to help out a cleric in a very powerful guild to get her epic (what will she need a 51 Rog for?).

Who ever know the power of those 3 words? "Please" and "thank you".

Well, to anyone who has ever buffed / healed etc.. me, thank you!
              Draggar De'Vir
              92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh
              57 Druid of Tunare - Povar
              47 Druid of Tunare - Lockjaw

Hark! Who is that, prowling along the fields! It is Draggar De'VIr, hands clutching two hardened pitas! He cries gutterally: "In the name of Thor the Mighty, I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!!"

"No one can predict the future, so we all should eat our desserts first!" - Gaye from 'The Maelstorm's Eye" (Cloakmaster's Cycle book 3)

Comment

I'll also admit, in a vicious fight, its hard for me to type out "/g thnk you" while also trying to juggle 3-5 hot keys, but I do try to get out at least a "TY".
                Well I don't think anyone is implying that group members have to always say please and thank you for buffs / heals...The piont is really that I am there with the sole purpose of helping my group, that means healing and buffing you... I am already comitted to that.... What it is is when someone asks you to do something that is out of your way and doesn't have the common courtesy for the please and thank yous.

Qutie!

Comment

if i am tling i ask 1pp for the port stone cost. normally get 20+ pp. if i am not tling i dont bother. i always double check destination and almost alway get a thanks or thank you. for ej and skyfire i make sure they know they have to protect me till i port out and i think that helps.

when i am requesting something i am always polite and normally for rezzes can get my body almost to port in. i always try and donate and add a second thanks if they refuse.

overall i would say most of the ppl i deal with on luclin are very nice. some nasties but the vast majority are considerate and kind. prolly helps that i can drop them on the dark side of the moon if they aren't. literally i have grimling ports hehe.

Maker of Picnics.
                  Cooker of things best left unidentified.
                  "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Originally posted by Draggar
                    Lol, don't be silly. We are not talking about when you are grouped with us. When grouped it is a casters job to keep you buffed (well buffing classes anyway).

You will not hear me say thank you everytime you backstab, so I will not expect a thank you when I haste you.

Here's my complaint of the day.

I was in Kelethin working on some brewing. I was half paying attention to the /ooc chat, and it was fairly obvious that there was one person very new to the game. He was a lvl 8 druid and was getting talked out of a stack of morning dew for 5pp. I did not interfere, but warned him afterwards that he can usually get a much better price for it. I also explained that silks sell well. Feeling bad for the guy (as I was swindled out of the first 100pp I earned in the game), I told him to meet me at the PoD lift. I gave him a centi warhammer and the 400 odd pp that I had on me. THe trade window closed and there was a long pause. I assumed he was typing out a big thank you speech, but after about 30 seconds, all I got was:
                    "got anything else I can have?".
                    I just gave you a bunch of pp and a nice weapon!
                    "K, you got any armor? Mine sux."

It made me so mad that he was so ungrateful, I pulled the /donation trick on him.

If you don't know what that is, it's when you tell a begger that you will donate pp to him, but he needs to enable the donate feature by targeting me and typing /d.
                    Marteeny
                    65 Enchanter
                    Vazaelle

Comment

There is another thing I don't like, people who vent out when they don't get what they want. I usually do KEI casting in PoK as more of services than make money. About half the time I get no donations or something else for donations like food etc. I like doing this because I know people would like to get KEI before going hunting. If someone else start compete for KEI, I just quit and let that person take over.

When I /ooc, I clearly state that I don't have C1 or C2 in my spellbook and I will only cast KEI or VoQ. No exceptions. I say this everytime I do /ooc. I had more than a few times a lower level curse at me and call me names in /ooc because I won't cast C1 or C2 on them. I don't know if they don't read my /ooc or just ignorant. It's one thing saying thanks for trying when I tell them I can't cast it but it's another when they start /ooc that I am such a jerk or other name because I won't cast lower level spell I don't have anymore on them. So disappointing to hear that. Almost want to give up on buffing. It definitely discouraged my main, as a cleric, from casting temperance even though I have it.

Taushar

Carpe Diem, Carpe Nocturn
                      Taushar Tigris
                      High Elf Exemplar of 85th circle
                      Druzzil Ro server

Necshar Tigris
                      Gnome Necromancer of 32nd circle

Krugan
                      Barbarian Rogue of 61st circle

Katshar
                      Vah Shir Shaman of 26th circle

Comment

Yeah the only time My cleric breaks out her temperance is when a friend starts an Alt. and they happen to run into me. Other than that I usually say I don't have it. I get asked while I'm trying to buff my group for LDON, because of course it starts in the newbie zones (ugg Virtue (1000 mana), and Blessing of Reverence both make my mana bar cry). I've only done buffing in POK once, and only once, NOT one said thank you.

Comment

I get asked while I'm trying to buff my group for LDON, because of course it starts in the newbie zones (ugg Virtue (1000 mana), and Blessing of Reverence both make my mana bar cry).
                          I love my Donal's... absolutely free mid-40's buffs, HP and AC, 10 second cast and no mana. I have them hotkeyed to 2 and 4 and hardly ever swap them out. Pets, casters in group, me when I'm soloing and Temp wears off in the middle of a fight, I have used them way way more than the 550pp total it cost me for the gloves and sleeves. Best deal I ever got.

The boots aren't quite as amusing (cast a PBAoE) but still useful along with snare for that end-of-fight-OOM-don't-wanna-melee time.

Heck, I talk to and usually buff every newbie I see between Neriak and the PoK book or EC zoneline...

Nhinx "you may touch the Templar" Aphsion

Comment

wow. a free pbae unlimited. i gots to find that for my wizard. that would rule on farming. have click stick to gather and then a mana free pbae would be the rulest.

you guys need to come to luclin sometime. its almost always a very nice server. once there was one guy offering a chicks number for phone sex. took her a while to respond so betting she was ignoring him already. by far the majority of peeps are nice here though.

Maker of Picnics.
                            Cooker of things best left unidentified.
                            "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

wow. a free pbae unlimited. i gots to find that for my wizard. that would rule on farming. have click stick to gather and then a mana free pbae would be the rulest.
                              10sec cast for 122dmg ... have fun channelling

Comment

Working...
                              X