Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Critter info up...

New Critters!

There up, and some are rather cool. Looks like what some people wanted with a new version of the Kedge people. Look at THIS link to see my poll about it.
    I like them, they look nasty...

EDIT: Adding text from the sight;

Broken Skull Rock is the home of a clan of trolls that sails the seas and takes what it wants from those they encounter. This has attracted the attention of certain members of other races that wish to join them. While those of other races never become full-fledged members of the clan, some do become a part of the crew of their ships.

~PIC

Humans can be found on Broken Skull Rock. Just like any member of the clan, recruits wear tattoos to show their loyalty to the clan.

~PIC

Trolls do not distinguish between the sexes of other races very often, and a female recruit can be just as successful as a male.

~PIC

Ogres make desirable crew members for their strength and cunning. Ogres that come to Broken Skull Rock with plans to become ship's captains or even rulers of the clan have encountered difficulty. They have discovered that not only are the trolls insular, but they are advised by the powerful and intelligent luggalds.

~PIC

These luggalds are always seen lurking in the shadows of the island or in the depths offshore. No one is sure how many of these creatures are on Broken Skull Rock, for rarely is one seen without their concealing robes or armor.

~PIC

Luggalds veil themselves in dark robes when traveling among the lesser creatures that dwell on the land. At times this is to allow them more freedom, making them less recognizable for what they are. But they also value the effect such garb has on those that see them. Many creatures hate and fear what they do not fully understand.

~PIC

But the luggalds are also prepared to fight. Their armor, while primarily meant for use battling foes under water, serves them well enough on land.

~PIC

The trolls of Clan Broken Skull do not doubt their own power, believing themselves to be in control of all that happens on their island and in the seas as far as their ships range. Their shamans have gleaned powerful knowledge from the luggalds and have combined that knowledge with their own ancient traditions. And so it is that on Broken Skull Rock, a troll never ceases to be a productive member of society. Even after their lives have been given in service to their clan, unless their bodies are claimed by the sea itself, their corpses continue to make the clan strong.

~PIC

Only the very strongest, quickest and smartest members of the clan avoid such a fate to become ship's captains or leaders. This clan leader has earned his right to rule in numerous battles at sea. And if you believe that the loss of his hand has reduced his ability to lead or to hold his position... well, he is quite prepared to prove otherwise.
    Enfiniti Starr
    Pathfinder of the great Rain God, Karana
    Ayonae Ro

The Luggald wearing armor looks like a fish is eating his head. It reminds me of all of the cartoons where a giant fish partially swallows a person head first. And, um I am gonna get in trouble for this one, it has that androgynous anorexic supermodel look to it. (Has to be a male character all things considered.)
    Distracted Druid Storm Warden of JinXed on Vazaelle

(see that Moderator tag - well that is for the Vazaelle marketplace, my posts and opinions should not be considered as anything but my own and not reflect poorly on the folks doing all the hard stuff here. )

Comment

Personally, I think its a bit weak. All they did was post pics of existing mob types with new skins (besides the Lug folks) and some story line behind them. Kinda like the Vah Shir - human model with a few skin tweaks is all they are. You'd think that with all the money they're making, they might be able to get some fresh talent/ideas for the imagery.
      Velikij
      61 Enchanter
      Crimson Fist Officer
      Tholuxe Paellas

GM Jeweller 250 + an eyeglass
      Baker 194
      Brewer 200
      Researcher 185
      Tailor 158
      Potter 131
      Fletcher 115
      Smith 111
      Fisher 133

Comment

Argh, mateys. Lets go kill some pirates.

Base by Sabraelle's Garden

Comment

I don't consider those picts of new critters - those are picts of new NPCs of established races, picts of one new race and a pict of the new undead troll mob - that's it though.

Really kewl look though for the troll and female human pirates though.
          Cigarskunk!
          No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

Does anyone else see the striking resemblance between the human from Broken Skull Rock and Patrick Stewart?
            Muse Calliopeia the Bardess
            Mithaniel Marr

Comment

LOL Calliopeia! :P

Kaidian Blade
              Storm Warden of Death Misdealt
              Soldier, Tradesman, Knightly Gentleman
              ~Magelo Profile~~My Alts~~My Skills~
              "Tradeskillers do it more often!"

Comment

Personally, I think its a bit weak. All they did was post pics of existing mob types with new skins (besides the Lug folks) and some story line behind them.
                True, it could have a little more infromative but what fun would it be if they showed you everything before the extension even comes out? They want you to discover it for yourselves, and I think we can agree thats more fun anyway.
                Tillik Vulcanus
                Gnome Conjurer of the 55th Summoning
                Baking-250+Trophy! ~ Pottery-200 ~ Brewing-200 ~ Smithing-188 ~ Tailoring-167

Comment

I want to be able to wear the pants the female is wareing. :shock: Just for looks I don't really care about the stats.
                  That's all.
                  ttfn
                  Lanir
                  See ya on the flip side.

Comment

Heck I want a human Female Eyepatch, Tattoos, and those clothes!
                    Aoladari Raveynfyre - Knightrix of Shadows
                    Leiliann Windancer - Perma-lost Rangerette

Current Bumpersticker - (The more I learn about men, the more I'd rather be diving!)

Comment

Working...
                    X