Getting Booted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Booted

I seem to be having a brutal time getting the game open every time SOE updates. I click "enter world" and either I get booted before it loads or I get the first screen shot up and then booted. I've got very knowledgeable IT geek friends who say it's Vista (which is what I'm running)

I'm not losing connection to the server, as my game is completely gone from my desktop. Other times I can play for hours and then "poof".

I can't be the only one running Vista with EQ. Is it possibly a bug in my files? Is it my OS as I can't see it being anything else? I run my game as "admin" every time as it won't load otherwise. I run McAfee as antivirus.

Someone please help as I've only been playing a couple of months and I'm really enjoying it but finding it almost not worth the hassle with being booted mid battle.

thx a bunch

bstdhalo

Try running in Compatibility mode for XP.

On the exe, right click -> Properties > Compatibility > Run compatible with > XP sp2.
    Woot!! Master Artisan as of 1-19-08

Comment

Originally posted by melkorr View Post
      Try running in Compatibility mode for XP.

On the exe, right click -> Properties > Compatibility > Run compatible with > XP sp2.
      thank you for your speedy response but set that up the first time I had this happen which was about a month and a half ago then stopped for about 35 levels or so now it's back doing it again with the most recent updates.

Comment

If you have installed any Windows updates recently, go recheck that XP-compatibility setting. Don't be surprised to find it reverted to what Windows thinks it should be (off). Much h8 for Windows updates.

Comment

Working...
        X