Clear All

• Looking for a few Casual Players

<changes>
    Seeking level 40
    Casual player
    Not twinked out the wazoo =P
    </end changes>

/wave

I'm working on a project and am looking for a few casual players to interview.

I'll be interviewing you on your character choice, why tradeskills, armor choice, etc.

If this is something you are interested in doing or know anyone who is interested, please email me [email protected]

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Sylvene; 09-06-2004, 12:16 AM.

How does level define casual player?

Am I a casual player because I'm only level 40, even though I might play 20+ hours a week?

Am I not a casual player because I have a character that's level 50+, but it's taken me multiple years to get there?

Just want to make sure that you're reaching real casual players.
    Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
    EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

Perhaps a little more information and a better definition will help then.

Casual gamer is pretty broad. Yes, you can be a casual gamer and have a level 65 character.

I am seeking someone who's a casual gamer and does have a character that is about level 40.

Essentially, I'm seeking to compare apples to apples in asking about armor & weapon choices, styles of play, whether they quest / do trade skills etc. The criteria for level 40 is more for sake of having the same level characters to compare than being a hard cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvene
        /wave

I'm working on a project and am looking for a few casual players to interview. The only criteria I have right now is that your highest level character can't be higher than level 40 / 41.

I'll be interviewing you on your character choice, why tradeskills, armor choice, etc.
        Whether or not one has a character in this range.. it would be unwise for anyone to be supplying detailed information about themselves(characters) via email or any other fashion.
        If you want to do a "safe" survey you should create one via the html code on your own website. that way the info is left anonymous & not attached to any name.
        Duchess Melinia Spellteaser of Vazaelle
        "Old World Travelers"
        Tradeskills:
        GM Baker 300 + Trophy GM Brewing 12/18/04
        Fletching 146 Smithing 110
        Jewel Crafting 175 Pottery 175
        Research 155 Tailoring 83
        Fishing 185

Comment

Melinia,

It is not a survey. I am a free-lance writer as well as long time player of EQ. Think on the lines of a human interest article for a magazine.

For my on-line credentials, please head over to Stratics.com staff page or directly over to EQ2 Stratics Staff Page

I'm also a Grandmaster Potter since the early days of Trophy. Bristlebane Forum on EQTraders I've just lost my post count since the new boards came up.

Comment

I think I'd qualify as casual. Over one year playing and my highest level character is only 39. Actually, I think the tremendous speed with which I level must make me look more like a stoner than a casual player. "Dude... goblins."

Comment

Originally posted by Eoghnved
              I think I'd qualify as casual. Over one year playing and my highest level character is only 39.
              I'm so glad to hear there are others like this hehe. I started Verdandi in June of '99 and dinged 20 in the late fall of '99, Octoberish. I was high 20s at Kunark release in the spring of '00, started my epic that summer in my 30s, and low 40s for Velious release late in '00. Finished my epic at level 51 in spring of '01. Dinged 64 very shortly before PoP. All of this without playing any other character for more than 1% of my time, tops.

That said, it is understandable to want a common benchmark to help compare the experiences of casual players. But Sylvene, if you should decide you want a viewpoint from further back in EQ history and don't find one in your level range, feel free to holler.
              Retiree of EQ Traders...
              Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
              Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
              Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
              EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Hollering at you both via your emails through the board.

(I like the new board!)

Comment

Originally posted by Verdandi
                  Dinged 64 very shortly before PoP.
                  {blink}
                  Impressive!

Comment

Well, my highest level character is Quichon, which is level 54. I made him as a brand new character on October 12, 2000 (used the /played command), so I think I would qualify as a casual gamer even though my highest level character is a bit higher than your cap is.

Comment

It's okay to have other characters, however I do need a level 40 character to be able to compare apples to apples.

What I will be doing will be profiling several of the same level and class.

Comment

Working...
                      X