Curious as to Guilds looking for GM tradeskillers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious as to Guilds looking for GM tradeskillers

As Emmoney (tailoring) and Alerithon (human smithing) climb higher in the GM ranks, and we're currently guildless, I'm curious as to whether any guilds would be interested in talking about recruiting us. I know many guilds already have GM tradeskillers, so I'm kinda checking to see what kind/level of interest there would be to take us in.
    Alerithon, Husband of Emmoney.
    E'Ci.
    GM Smith

Many guilds already have GMs in every skill, including one in each of the cultrual tailoring and smithing categories.

I don't think guilds "recruit" based on tradeskills. I'd be more interested in looking for a guild based on who I liked and who liked me and what kind of players we were and what our goals were rather than on someone's tradeskill.

If you really want to be guilded, I'd suggest grouping more and see who you get along with. At least, that would be more important to me.

I doubt guilds give signing bonuses, after all.

Comment

Thanks, Lling. I (we, really, since Emmoney went with me) left a guild in part because of the lack of support of our tradeskills (and that guild did not have a gm smith or tailor, of any culture). Top that off with a lack if understanding that we needed time away from guild events to raise our skills, and that ended our relationship there. We've been unguilded since, and Emmoney's broken 200 tailoring, while I'm approaching 240 smithing. And with the sales I've been making off the new frogs, I should be able to use the (hopefully) last of my sea temper soon.
      Alerithon, Husband of Emmoney.
      E'Ci.
      GM Smith

Comment

Not everyone will see the value of what we bring. That is why I say find people that you like and ignore the rest.

My skills are very valued in my guild, but I cannot and will not skip guild activities to smith. I never missed an event for a skill up session. I log on my husband's enchanter as soon as I get home from work and squeeze in enchanting a few bags of ore and a few combines before whatever raid we decide on, largely at the last minute. Saturday mornings are great times to get stuff done because we don't raid then.

Find a guild you LIKE. Make sure they are aware that you need time for YOUR stuff. There is nothing wrong with that. If they are the guild for you, they will understand.

Best of luck finding someplace where you will be happy.

Comment

If ever you are looking to feel underappreciated, the best way is to be a GM in most skills and crank stuff out for your guild. Your 5 seconds of fame...and then it's gone. It's a bitter pill, believe you me.

Comment

*chuckles*
            Teggers is just feeling grumpy because he finished his Aid Grimel quest and needs a new goal.

With PoP mobs having 2 drops per kill, Teggers can drop more in one day than a week of raiding. I even got a screen shot of Grimmlokk HUGGING him - blackmail material, for sure!!

Comment

Working...
            X