A Call to Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Call to Arms

I Call a price decrees in the Stromm servers prices on Tradeskill items, and for too long we ALL have suffered these outrages prices

I am well aware we are a new server and its understandable to have High prices BUT I also know that We The sellers, have complete control of the prices in game for we have the choice to make are server shine!

Nor do I say for us to lose Great amounts of plat, I suggest that we decrease are prices by 1/5 of normal server prices, for example I'm becoming a master baker and with that I will be selling my misty thicket picknicks at 8 pp (normal prices 10 -12 pp) and even with that decrease I still make 3.2 k of plat for every 100 combines (That witch cost me about 350 pp or less for every 100 combines), with such prices are economy will grow Greatly and This will Decrease swindlers and such people who prey on the public

Hear my Call my fellow Tradeskillers and please respond with your Opinions and suggested prices for other Tradeskill items that will be a Fare Discount price to all

I will be Updating This with suggested prices for baking skill items in the near future

God Bless and good luck
    Murphy's law: what can go wrong will go wrong
    Ferguson's law: Murphy was a Optimist

All very well and good, but what if you are the only one selling a certain item? There may well be others that do make them, but I've not seen another GM fletcher that makes and sells Blessed Faydark Thunderbolts. In that instance, there are no other prices to compare with.

The problem with the Stromm economy is not the prices charged by tradeskillers, rather the resellers and plat buyers. I am in favor of boycotting the resellers, but would rather see reasonable pricing when it comes to tradeskilled items - and by that, I mean reasonable for both buyer and seller.

However, if you underprice your goods too much, they will be bought by the resellers and sold on for a significantly higher price.

And then you are back where you started.....
    Choumein
    Ranger
    Stromm

Comment

I have to agree that the bazaar is a scary place to buy and sell things lately.
      My biggest problem so far is trying to determine prices that are fair, yet profitable. Mistletoe Cutting Sickles I have been pricing from 1500 tp 2000pp. The mark up is rather high from the cost of making one, but it helps offset all of the failures...and there are plenty of failures!
      I have made some Underfoot Platemail, and am so confused as to how much to charge. The Allahkazam website lists such a wide range of prices, and the few times I have seen some Underfoot in the bazaar the prices were through the roof! (The last BP I saw out there was selling for 25k) So, I guess it comes down to how ethical I want to be with my markup. It's very exspensive when I have a failure and the sale of one large piece would help cover my costs and hopefully give me enough money to work on another skill up.
      Jigge Widit
      63rd Cleric of Brell
      Circle of Sovereign on Stromm
      239 Smithing + Trophy
      200 Brewing
      200 Jewel Craft
      160 Pottery

Comment

Yes I am well aware That the resellers are a problem, and that is what i am Trying to prevent, That’s why I suggested we reduce are prices by 1/5 of NORMAL SERVER prices,

This Will take research on are behalf, like searching websites and/or visiting other servers Bazaars, and I made it clear for us to reduce are prices to a reasonable amount to the Buyer AND seller and with lowering are prices we will be able to mass produce more easily,

If we set a standard in are bazaar people will wait for the Tradeskillers to show up with their Goods in the bazaar and NOT buy from the resellers who jack the prices up, I put the misty thicket pick nicks as a example That we can set prices that are Good for customers, make us Good plat and pay for all the costs 10 fold

Like I said before this will take research on are behalf, nor do I want us to go into this Half cocked, and in the long run we will reshape are economy

And as I said before I will be updating my post with prices for baking Goods, and I request for others to put up reasonable prices (as stated above) for other Tradeskills and give suggested ideas and comments to This matter (for example with the underfoot BP I know their are some people out their that know a Good price for it, and I would suggest that to find out how much would it be if you raise the cost by 10 fold of the cost of the materials, if that is reasonable Try selling at that and you should get your plats worth)

And one more thing, as all GMs know you WILL lose allot of plat to get too 250 skill and it is well worth it when you get their BUT that is no reason to make your prices unreasonable, the gain Greatly out weights the lost!

God bless and good luck All
        Last edited by WarFireDragon; 12-02-2003, 08:42 PM.

Comment

WarFireDragon, I wholeheartedly agree with the basis of what you are saying, however the practicality is a different matter altogether.

In order to accomplish what you are looking for, one would have to be extremely selective on whom you sold goods to. That is not always possible - I for one will put my bazaar trader on and go AFK. That means anyone can buy my goods, including the resellers.

The other issue, which Talbot alluded to, is that for every successful combine we have, there will be expensive failures. For the highest end items, with trivials above 250 (in my case, all the elemental bows, top-end Cultural bows, and top-end arrows) I need to price them at a level where I make some pp back - the ingredients are expensive and hard to obtain, and sub-combines are time consuming. To reduce prices to the level you are suggesting isn't viable - I may as well not bother making them at all. Having spent the pp and taken the time and effort to GM a tradeskill, and as I enjoy that aspect of EQ immensely, I am not prepared to stop.

The simple way to avoid the resellers is to sell in /auction outside of the Bazaar (in areas such as PoK) - but that relies on passing trade, and people looking for specific items tend to go to the Bazaar. A catch-22 situation.

I don't know what the solution is.
          Choumein
          Ranger
          Stromm

Comment

As I have said before I don't want us to go in half-cocked... also I said I want us to sell at a beneficial price and not over priced such as the resellers,

I think it would be best to sell common- low common goods in the bazaar, and for High end items such as items above 250 those arrows and bows in your case just make the price 10 fold the cost of the materials.... and if you think it would be ok to lower it more or if its unreasonable lower it till you feel its Good or till its reasonable, and with those high Grade items go to the bazaar and/or pok and sell out of trader.... if you think your items wont be easy prey for the resellers then sell it on the normal trader

But this will need ALOT of feed back and Tradeskillers working to gather to lower the prices, like posting what you think is some of the best prices for consumer and seller for each pacific Trade skill (note: I would suggest we open a new thread for each Trade skill)

I also can see you hiring a lower lvl tradeskiller then you, and ask them to do some of the easy mini combines for you so it doesn’t take as much time and they earn a few plat (just a idea)

But the main thing that will have to be done is to be honest and not over price are Goods nor make them too cheap we need to find the best mid prices for things and as a example, I have used before I think the best mid price for misty thicket picnics is 8 -12 pp

And probably the main thing that Frustrates me the most is that allot of the low common items go for extremely High prices (stuff that is not to difficult to find nor that expensive to make once you know what your doing) and plus I do see some of the High end items going for extremely High prices that are far beyond of what it took to make it, and sadly I don’t see Just resellers selling at High prices... I do see the Tradeskillers themselves do this... its sad to know this but it is True, I see it all the time resellers sell at High prices and normal sellers just go with the flow and not even try to make them cheaper, so here I am back where I started a few days ago A call to arms... I don’t want us to lose money nor do I want as to rip people off even though we cant Truly stop the resellers entirely we can at least hinder them by as many Tradeskillers we can muster to fight this battle,

If we do nothing... then nothing will change for the better, but if we do fight so much can be gained I have seen what a small amount of kindness can do... it can change much and I That’s what I call for... kindness, please I call, if any wish to talk to me in game my main char is Cybros I am a mage and at this time I am at lvl 44

Thank you all for your replies, God bless and good luck
            Last edited by WarFireDragon; 12-06-2003, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X