Prices on Elemental temper stuffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices on Elemental temper stuffs

I have returned to EQ in the last couple months (foolishly), thus I will paw through the old GM list and update it (maybe ), etc.

My big question is... what is the deal with the ridiculous prices on Elemental armor temper stuff? Cheapest I've seen is 17.5k for a *single* Liquid Stone temper. Crazy! It takes like... 5? of these tempers (plus other junk) to make a single attempt at a BP or greaves, and then its a 50/50 chance. 5x 17.5 is 82.5k... x2 is... 165k?!?!?!

If the Liquid Stone is 17.5k, I can only imagine what the Povarian Mist temper would cost...

Someone could score an Ornate mold for far cheaper (and its better armor anyway), or farm 1492 points in LDoN MUCH faster than earning 165k (and that BP is better as well).

An Elemental temper should cost about 3-5k, tops. I just plain won't buy one for more. I hope other non-elemental flagged smiths will do the same. Lets face it, you're royally screwing over your wallet if you buy it for more than 5k -- so don't do it! Heck 5k is pushin the limits. You'd have to be a tradeskill junkie (like me) to do such a thing. [off soapbox]

I was kinda hoping to continue armoring my pally alt with smithed gear (as she always has been), as well as my small guild, but now I find myself turning to LDoN, or trio'ing nameds in BoT for reasonable armor and time expense.

Its a sad time for tradeskillers without Elemental flags.
    Last edited by Arhallia; 12-12-2003, 03:34 PM.
    Arhallia Ironborne, Arch Mage
    Alliance of the Arcane
    Quellious

The complexity and rarity of drops for PoP Smithed armour has made it a bit of a joke. I dont even bother any more, I was hoping for some decent higher level stuff (especially weapons) in LDonN but was dissapointed.

Racial Plate + augments is pretty good, just stick with that until you get to 62 and BoT or LDON upgrades.
    Radodverge Bluddoath "The Red Dwarf" 66 Paladin

Master of all Trades, Grandmaster Smith with TROPHY(!) 249/250

Officer, Companions of the Dawn, Quellious

"Between two evils I always choose the one I havent tried" - Mae West

Comment

Working...
    X