Which Path To Take ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Path To Take ...

Koori will soon reach her second skill in the high 190s ... I know with the new AA it's not a big deal which one she brings to 200+ ... just need to pick one because of the Grandmaster Trophy, need the CHA boost.

So ... baking or pottery?

*Is very glad those were the first skills needed for the Shawl Quest ... so she wouldn't get hooked on tailoring*

Pottery has some awesome PoP recipes but I doubt I'll be able to get to the planes that drop them for a long time if ever ... but both are fun. Ah well, guess it comes down to my purr-sonal preference, but thought I would ask.

You should go with Pottery. Baking makes no money, and is no fun at all

shoo on to the pottery boards now

Phew... we dodged a bullet there guys... almost had more competition for our lovely baked goods

Hopperr

Comment

Actually Koori -- I would go for jewelcraft if I were you. You can get from 0 to 250 in 1 day (if you have approximately 6K) and as a wee enchanter, you can be one of the better jewelcrafters out there with an AA skill boost. Not only that, but some of the new JC recipes in POP are fairly lucrative -- take a look at the helm of nocturnal phantasms or the valorium ring of gallantry. The best part is that all the parts are vendor purchased and if you enchant your own metal, the cost is considerably less than 6K. Give me a tell for further details.
      Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
      Tailor (300)
      Brewer (300)
      Baker (300)
      Jewelcrafter (297)
      Potter (251)
      Smith (251)
      Fletcher (235)

Comment

In fact... enchanters actually make money from 200 - 250 if they enchant their metal

Comment

Well...

I cant deny that yes JC is easy to get to 250 in with vendor materials and that yes, chanters get an aa for it. However, I doubt both that she has 6k lying around *wave* and that chanters really make that much money. I cannot think of one guild that both lacks a friendly enchanter to help them out and has the funds to buy a 20k ring when the skill itself costs less to achive. In any event that wasnt the question asked.

IMO, when choosing between pottery and baking, look at three things. One: which can be done most readily, either because of cheap components, accessable (vendor?) components, etc. Two: Which one would yeild results you would actually put to use, or be able to do something useful with. Three: What do you like best.

The pop pottery recipies are indeed difficult to gather materials for. The baking recipies have some more attainable things, but that doesnt mean you would use the food items you make neccessarily. I am admittidly not an expert on either skill past 200 so I couldnt tell you which would be simplist to achieve. And only you know what you like best.

Id probably lean towards baking because there is some good stuff you can make and have access to getting, like some of the pon recipies. I think its cheaper than pottery, too, but I could be wrong. Though, I think I like pottery better myself *wink*
          Lofwyr
          Mage of Bristlebane
          Grandmaster Smith, Master of the rest

Comment

Working...
          X