• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEF Smithing Combines

I am happy to do combines for people provided two things:
    1) they bring all the needed stuff
    2) they pay per attempt

Only exception to 1 is if they say ahead of time Ill need to use X but can pay Y for it. Paying per attempt, or some variation such as combine until we get one for Z pp, keeps me less concerned about people turning around and selling it. Sure they can buy the materials in the baz, but if a combine is like 2-3k or something with a 50% success rate then there isnt much room for profit left given the current pricing on BB. Plus, it makes sense to me as a "renter fee" for the skill. Success or not is the RNG not me, they buy the same chance for success I have.
    Lofwyr
    Mage of Bristlebane
    Grandmaster Smith, Master of the rest

Comment

I'll do it for ya...

Well, I'm not a 250 smithy, but I'll offer to do pretty much any combine for free if it's not trivial. It's a chance for a skillup, and even at 222, I've been successful at making Heraldic.

Sorry to take the thrills away, or belittle anything you've mentioned here, because YES, it's dang hard work to get a higher skill in smithing, but my whole purpose in doing so is to get a level that benefits my guild.

If you want to bring stacks of components or just a single attempt, I don't care. Understand that there is always a chance for failure, but 2-3 combines for a success is still WAY cheaper than some of the prices out there today. If it helps me skillup, it helps my friends and guildmates. And if you just turn around and sell the gear off, again, it doesn't make a lick of difference. I appreciate a tip, but I don't expect one.

So send my mule, Dymule, a tell, along with a time you want to get together for the combines. Yeah, I'm probably not going to make a whole lot of friends in the smithing world doing this, but ya know.. I don't see anyone handing me 200k to finish out my skill either, and I don't expect it to ever happen. This benefits both myself, my guild, and any individual who brings me the components.

Dysath Steelheart
      55th Cleric of Rodcet Nife

Comment

Working...
      X