Artisan's Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artisan's Seal

I decided to try to make my spoon. Figured I can afford one loss so I would go for it. I noticed someone selling the Artisan's Seal in the bazaar for 8k...is this reasonable? I actually have all the gems and I was going to ask a friend to make it for me but depending on cost I thought it might be nice to just buy it instead of asking for help. I was prepared to pay 3-5k but 8k seemed high to me. Anyone know what the actual cost to make these are?

Also, if anyone makes them on a regular basis, I have enough gems for three combines. Only part I'm missing is the 8 bars of velium per combine and the vial of purified mana. I also considered getting my JC up enough to make my own mounted gems but either way I'll need an enchanter for the purified mana and a grandmaster jewler for the final combine on artisan's seal.

How did you guys do this? What is reasonable to pay and how would you recommend going about this?
    [75 Exemplar] Jenarie (Dark Elf) < Primal Brood > Test
    [65 Archon] Ariene (High Elf) Bristlebane (retired)

Blue Diamond = 400pp
    Diamond = 200pp
    Jacinth = 180ishpp
    Black Sapphire = 200ishpp
    Velium Bar = 262.5pp (x8)
    Vial of Purified Mana = 600ishpp

The mounted gems have a triv of less than or equal to 142, the unfired seal has a triv of less than or equal to 102. Rumours and lies has it that the difficulty of the unfired seal doesn't reflect it's trivial, I've blown up 3 in the 8 I've made, at 240+ skill, could just be RNG tho.

Cost of about 3700pp or so for the ingredients and 5 combines that should, in theory, be at a 95% success rate.
    8k ? mebbe, especially as a one off where you can blow up the ingredients =(.
    Check the bazaar for the Purified Mana and Thurgadin sells the Velium bars.

Oh, and as to how I did, I have 2 GM trophies on my characters. One has JC the other has Pottery =).

Comment

I made all of my own seals with 200 JC and 192 pottery. I did fail a couple mounted gem combines. I say "all" because I failed the final item combine (GM smithy hammer) 4 times.

Comment

I made my seal with 185 JC. I was 247 Pottery before I attempted it though, and got my GM Potter's Sculptor the second try. Boy was I sweating it.

*edit* Just noticed that you're in VF. Zaelicor is a GM Jeweller isn't he? As is Kraxia. Might ask them for the vial of mana as well as the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvene
          *edit* Just noticed that you're in VF. Zaelicor is a GM Jeweller isn't he? As is Kraxia. Might ask them for the vial of mana as well as the combine.
          Both are and I know either would do it for me no problem. In fact Kraxia was the friend I was planning to ask. But I sort of got an itch to just do it at a time neither was online. Then I saw 8k. I'm still considering getting my JC up enough to do my own mounted gems just cause I like tradeskills. Why anyone likes clicking the button an insane amount of times just to see numbers (xx) on the screen I don't know but I do and I'm adicted.

Comment

Went back to bazaar today and saw one for 6.5k and one for 7k along with the one for 8k still there. Bought the 6.5 one and failed my first spoon.

Comment

ACK!

Sorry bout the failure. I certainly hope you get yours made on the next try! (Crosses fingers)
              Gregular, Perpetual 54 60! Druid (Woodie)
              Bristlebane Server
              Tradeskill Junkie!
              Reckless Fury

Grandmaster Tailor (250), Grandmaster Smith (250), Jeweler (200), Fletcher (200), Potter (200), Baker (200), Brewer (200), Fisherman (200), Forager (200), Drinker (200), Beggar (200)

Comment

artisan seal

if you ever need the seal combined and fired, bring me the stuff, I don't charge for it.

-Twinbabas
                Master Potter (250)

Comment

Artisan's Seal in the Bazaar

That is a fantastically ridiculous price. But when I make mine if you are still looking since you are on the Bristlebane server....come find me I'll try to make 2 I don't mind the hard work it's fun helping others...So just track down Menvardare the Vale Deputy and I'll help ya out

Comment

I think in a 5 year old thread, with "retired" next to her name, the clues might be abundant that your response might fall onto deaf ears.....on the other hand, perhaps time moves more slowly on Bristlebane?

Comment

The other thing to be aware of is that in 2002, blue diamonds were ungodly rare. Although a price of 400pp was quoted here, I remember them going as high as 1500pp (though this was on Veeshan, not Bristlebane).
                      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Working...
                      X