Missing Recipe: Cosgrove Solist Chest Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Recipe: Cosgrove Solist Chest Seal

I could be missing something obvious, but I noticed that whilst there is a recipe for an "Unfired Cosgrove Soloist Chest Seal" in my pottery wheel there is no matching recipe for a finished Cosgrove Soloist Chest Seal of any tyoe in my Kiln.

Checking on Allahs and Lucy I cannot see any final Soloist Chest Seals either - were the recieps for the chest accidently missed?
    Telorea
    Proud Member of Forgotten Nemesis
    Premier Barbarian Smith of Firiona Vie
    Member of the 2100 (2400) Club

The only soloist seals in the game are those for the focus effects available on that slot already.

Arms have fire focus, cleave, and a bard instrument mod.

Head only has faerune/bad instrument mod and magic focus.

Wrist has poison, disease, chromatic, and heal focus.

Chest slots have unique focus effects on general armor sets so there is no soloist seal for them.

It would be nice if a generic seal was created to place in there to give the chest 75 purity like the rest of the gear.

Currently its 25 on armor, 25 on symbol, 25 on seal. So all slots but chest get 75, chest only gets 50.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

hrm. Perhaps I will make a catchall set for chest.

I don't plan to do the class specific, but I noticed comments on at least a few issues of people that will forced to make choices. I can use the chest to help that along. make one of each for the chest to use it to catch at least some of the conflicts. Sure it will not catch all of them, but it is something. And it will get the focus in there.

I will consider a "blank" for all slots with just the purity as well so players don't have to worry about making a focus they won't use just to get purity.

I may also make those "dual" slots available in a "both"
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Well considering the *armor* has a type 17 aug slot for my Stalwart Tyrant Cuirass.... I'd like a type 17 aug to put in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust View Post
          Well considering the *armor* has a type 17 aug slot for my Stalwart Tyrant Cuirass.... I'd like a type 17 aug to put in it.
          Or chaing it to a straight purity aug slot 13 if ther are no plans to make a type-17 seal...that way we can at least get our extra 25 purity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratblaster View Post
            Or chaing it to a straight purity aug slot 13 if ther are no plans to make a type-17 seal...that way we can at least get our extra 25 purity.
            Raid seals could still go in the chest slot and would have a focus based on whatever mechanoinstruction you use. So you will want to keep it at type 17.

The thing is that the group seals they restricted effects only to standard slots (arms = fire or cleave), etc.

Comment

Thanks for looking at it again, Ngreth. Doubling-up the foci on the regular body slots would definitely fix the issue; adding the chest as a wildcard focus would at least partially remedy it and would fix a significant chunk of the issue (although hybrids would still have to pick between a fighting focus and either a nuke focus, detrimental haste focus, and faerune).

If the reasoning behind the foci all being separate (right now, that is) involves the dev-team not wanting to give casters and priests Cleave and Ferocity, my two-cents of commentary would be to suggest not worrying too much about what effect that will have. Clerics, druids, and shamans have all had easy access to cleave and fero under previous itemization patterns (such as those seen in early tiers of SoF armor and the Blackburrow armor, etc.) and didn't become overpowered just from that. Instead they gained some fun "battle priest" foci that made their middling melee damage a bit more fun to deal, and fun is good. :-) Considering that this expansion is already very friendly to casters and priests in that way (interesting melee proc weapons for them from the Brell's Arena minigame, for example) I don't think it would be out of line at all for at least one of the equipment sets to offer a bit more melee oomph along with the usual foci.

In any case, the chest slot (and the Soloist Seals in general) definitely have interesting potential. If you do go the route of making the chest slot's Seal into a wildcard, perhaps each one could include more than one focus effect from among the contested areas. Or something.

Very interesting times. :-)

Comment

Having the ear and finger foci on a chest seal would be a good idea also -- it can be so annoying if you can only find one of the finger or ear foci and so have two of the same instead of a proper set.

Otherwise keep with the clicky idea and put on a general purpose choice of clicky effects that aren't over-powered.

Maybe a choice of two seals - one a "love-me" seal (that reduces aggro from your spells and attacks by a small amount) - and the other a "hate-me" seal (that increases aggro from your spells and attacks by a small amount).

I.e. like http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=6289 but cap at level 85 and prolly reduce the % a little.
                Telorea
                Proud Member of Forgotten Nemesis
                Premier Barbarian Smith of Firiona Vie
                Member of the 2100 (2400) Club

Comment

Class-specific seals for chest would really be ideal. Perhaps include a focus or mod specific for a class' specific abilities.

For instance, put a mod on SK armor that adds more hate to their terror line spells, or, if you want to keep it relevant to the expansion, put a mod on it to increase Dire Constriction's damage or AC debuff.

This would be the one spot to do it.

In the end, though, anything is better than nothing.
                  --- Jonny Panic and the Bible of Dreams

Mnesis Obscura, 71 Erudite Enchanter
                  Ruinous Dreadnought, 85 Gnome Shadowknight
                  Saryrn server

Comment

Class Specific

I would like so see Class Specific Focus. I would like so see something that would replace the focus I will be loosing for replace The focus off my group Breastplate

Example Cleric

Dedicated Chromasteel BP
                    Effect: Devotee's Docility
                    Focus Effect Solemn Light Efficiency or

Ordained Mindhallow Plate Breastplate
                    Effect: Thurifer's Docility
                    Focus: Devout Light Efficiency

Same as other groupable BPs

Comment

I'd really like to see a clicky so the Crafted gear would be an actual option for the higher end group people. The clickies don't have to be game changing. You could easily make 4 or so soloist style clickies.

1m Reduced agro 15%
                      1m Increased melee Crit Chance 15%
                      1m Increased Spell Damage 5%
                      1m Increased Melee damage 5%

Think Priest, Caster, Hybrid, Melee not "SK's need XYZ"

The worst is when you wish you had the clicky the other class got, and your own class clicky is basically worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by fr3d1337 View Post
                        I'd really like to see a clicky so the Crafted gear would be an actual option for the higher end group people. The clickies don't have to be game changing. You could easily make 4 or so soloist style clickies.

1m Reduced agro 15%
                        1m Increased melee Crit Chance 15%
                        1m Increased Spell Damage 5%
                        1m Increased Melee damage 5%

Think Priest, Caster, Hybrid, Melee not "SK's need XYZ"

The worst is when you wish you had the clicky the other class got, and your own class clicky is basically worthless.
                        We obviously have different definitions of "overpowered"

Additionally, the spell damage one would not stack well with existing stuff... so would not be deemed "useful"
                        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                        Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200
                        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                          hrm. Perhaps I will make a catchall set for chest.
                          Is this something you are still contemplating, Ngreth? Or, has the creation of Chest slot recipes made your To-Do list? Not necessarily looking for an ETA, just wondering if you came to a decision.

Comment

Plea from a meat shield

Ngreth whiile you considering what to about a type 17 chest seal would it be at all possible to add parry, dodge and sharpshooting to the list of foci either for the chest slot or somewhere else? Currently its a very short list of useful foci for the pure melee, not just compared to those for casters but compared to what was available with the type 12 seals. I am not asking for raid level levels of these, level V would be the correct level comparing to the level of cleave/fero available on the arms and legs (one less seems to be the norm). These are existing foci and I do not think overpowered.

I appreciate that there has been a move to put each foci in one slot but I am still wearing an Engraved Froststeel Visor for the fero VII because I haven't previously been able to upgrade it, now I have fero VI from my cosgrove legging seal I can!!!

So well done, but can we (pure melee) have some more flexibility like that please??

I think this is a pretty cool armour set although I miss my Last Bloods but at the end of the day the work put into the new armour will be significantly wasted if an entire meta class has no reason to wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Humakti View Post
                              Ngreth whiile you considering what to about a type 17 chest seal would it be at all possible to add parry, dodge and sharpshooting to the list of foci either for the chest slot or somewhere else? Currently its a very short list of useful foci for the pure melee, not just compared to those for casters but compared to what was available with the type 12 seals. I am not asking for raid level levels of these, level V would be the correct level comparing to the level of cleave/fero available on the arms and legs (one less seems to be the norm). These are existing foci and I do not think overpowered.

I appreciate that there has been a move to put each foci in one slot but I am still wearing an Engraved Froststeel Visor for the fero VII because I haven't previously been able to upgrade it, now I have fero VI from my cosgrove legging seal I can!!!

So well done, but can we (pure melee) have some more flexibility like that please??

I think this is a pretty cool armour set although I miss my Last Bloods but at the end of the day the work put into the new armour will be significantly wasted if an entire meta class has no reason to wear it.
                              I have 2 earrings EACH with a sharpshooting foci at the group level. I have a range item that has an improved dodge mod and my neck item has improved parry/block mod. All at appropriate group levels. These are not hard to find and I don't think they need to be added to visible cultural armor.

Comment

Working...
                              X