polls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polls?

I know phpbb has the ability to do polls, I was wondering if you had this feature off. I wanted to do a poll about changing the succeed/fail message to something that contains the item you're trying to make.

Fail:
    You lacked the skills to create: Grandmaster Tinkerer's Spanner
    (even though I hope to never ever see that message )

Success:
    You fashion the items together to create: Grandmaster Tinkerer's Spanner
    (yea, I hope to see that some day)

I wanted to make a poll on the General Tradeskills forum that I could point SoE to when suggesting they add such a thing, and also to suggest that everyone email [email protected] as well as file a /feedback in game (squeaky wheel gets the grease) as well as for my own interest.

Now, I have an idea of why they might not want to add that. Simply because if you fail an item that has never been made or something you can "get the name", but you can do that anyways, just group with someone

anyways, even if us regular folk can't post polls, I ask of you to please post an interest survey for this topic, because I'd like to know how many people would actually want this. The reason I want it is so I can parse out failure/success rates and such, I like to keep random statistics around.

Anyways, thanks much, I love the site and I really hope it stays going forever! I doubt I could have gotten my 8th shawl without it

-Guillemot Mang
    63rd Gnomish Sorceror of Shadows
    Shadow Council - Terris Thule -- http://www.shadowcouncil.com
    Guillemot's page -- http://www.guillemot.nu
    Proud bearer of the 8th Coldain Prayer Shawl
    [63 Sorcerer] Guillemot (Gnome, what else?)

You can make polls in Primal screams and OOC. it is turned off in the rest of the forums for any but mods.(and I plan on keeping it that way)
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I'm always leery of polls or petitions to SoE on this site, simply because of the number of folks in the general populace who will suddenly parse this in their minds as something that *will* happen, instead of something we're *requesting* to happen. Even if 98% of the message board population will understand that it's a poll/petition, the other 2% will suddenly run around posting elsewhere saying that "EQTC said that this is going to happen".

Call me gun-shy, but I *have* seen it happen in the past, and it still makes me twitchy after all this time.

Polls also seem to bring out the more incendiary types around here, for reasons which totally mystify me.

That having been said, as long as you put the proper caveats on it, so folks are told clearly NOT to *expect* it to bring about changes, you could throw up a poll in OOC Chat ... it may not be the most visible of spots for it, but we definitely don't want to start a trend towards polls in the main forums.

~~~
      On a semi-side note, to show you how things can get twisted, turned, reinterpreted and turned into "fact", how many of you are aware that the whole "troll cultural cooking" thing was actually ONE statement by a dev about 2 years ago (or more) saying that he'd *like* to see them have something like that? No real promises were made saying that it *would* happen, just something saying it'd be fun. This has since been interpreted by folks as "SoE promised us this and didn't deliver", even though it was one single person saying he thought it'd be neat. Understandably, folks from SoE are hesitant to post much on these boards since then for fear of being misinterpreted.

Comment

Working...
      X