Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• programatic database access?

Hello!
    I was interested pulling some advanced trade skill info. My idea is this, there are hundreds if not thousands of recipes you can make with just the things you can buy(merchant). So my goal is to be able to query your DB(or a copy of it hosted locally) for certain information. For instance the Trillion Cut Amber. All the parts to it are available for purchase. If I had a way to run a list of items through a DB, that had a list of components and where you can buy them. I could compile a list of totally purchasable trade skills AND where you could but all the parts for them. This would further allow someone to look at a trade skill site and know they can knock off X number of Trillion cut items by buying Y items from Z merchants. So instead of buying 40 and hoping its enough, coming up short(or too many), you would know to buy say 7 amber and 3 trillion cut tool(or whatever).
    Would something like this be possible? Anything I write would be yours and you could post it on your site.
    Thanks for the read!
    Z

This is nothing I can help you with. Would completely be up to Ngreth.

You can already accomplish this in a less efficient way by simply clicking on Amber and then clicking on "Find Recipes that use this item" to check and see how many you should buy. Also, you have to know what is consumed and not consumed so you don't end up buying 3 trillion cut tools when you may not need any since you can turn a half-Moon cut tool into a Trillion cut tool.

You could also potentially just download/copy the "complete" lists which have the recipes listed on them and then parse those out.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

How do I pass this message on to Ngreth?

Comment

You can try to PM him or wait for him to read the boards.
        Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

I'm always leary of this. There are thousands of man-hours in our DB. to just give it away... Sure Darkpaw is the true owner of the data, but that doesn't negate the hours spent.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Working...
          X